Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

USA biscuit tin

• 20-10-2017 11:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭

I am looking for an old USA biscuit tin from the late 80s or early 90s. If anybody has one please PM me. I'll pay if condition is good.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I am looking for an old USA biscuit tin from the lare 80s or early 90s. If anybody has one please PM me. I'll pay if condition is good.

I'd give you one but then I'd have nowhere to put my sewing kit and batteries and old phone and sellotape and random keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Do you not have a granny or a friend who has a granny?
    I think legally every granny has to have at least one to store valuable things in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 152 ✭✭Karangue

Snotty wrote: »
    Do you not have a granny or a friend who has a granny?
    I think legally every granny has to have at least one to store valuable things in.

Had James Bond a granny called Teresa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I am looking for an old USA biscuit tin from the late 80s or early 90s. If anybody has one please PM me. I'll pay if condition is good.

how much ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Tigger wrote: »
    how much ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 152 ✭✭Karangue

Get more in scrap metal James Bond junior.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Have you tried the USA?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

I'm almost certain there's one in the attic with my old stuff as they're stored in 80s biscuit tins but it'd be stuffed with old letters, beer mats and gig tickets and it would be like disturbing a cairn to separate them. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

I've an oul Rover tin from the early 90's! Any good? Before they went plastic and now cardboard! FS
    But what will I use for my sandwiches & apple for work every day ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

I'd say they'd be gone off at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

matrim wrote: »
    I'd give you one but then I'd have nowhere to put my sewing kit and batteries and old phone and sellotape and random keys.
    Where do you keep your string?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭Esel

endacl wrote: »
    Where do you keep your string?

I have a theory...

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Karangue wrote: »
    Had James Bond a granny called Teresa?

Teresa was James Bond's wife in On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

False advertising. Should be Jacobs assorted cookie (not biscuit) collection if genuine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,872 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

False advertising. Should be Jacobs assorted cookie (not biscuit) collection if genuine.

It couldn't be very vintage either as the weight is in kg. I presume they were still using lbs in the 80's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Still on the lookout for one lads. It has to be the one with the red, blue and white stripes circa mid to late 80's. Need it for my brothers wedding for the speech, one holds significant sentimental value and will be a key part of my Best Man speech.
    Thanks!:o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭cml387

Still on the lookout for one lads. It has to be the one with the red, blue and white stripes circa mid to late 80's. Need it for my brothers wedding for the speech, one holds significant sentimental value and will be a key part of my Best Man speech.
    Thanks!:o:o

A likely story. More likely you'll flog it on The Antiques Roadshow in seventy years time.

Advertisement