Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low profile 25mm?

Options
  • 21-10-2017 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭

Recently bought a set of Crud Road Racer Mk3 mudguards. They're a tight fit generally, but the rear one simply doesn't fit between the seatstay and the tyre which is a 25mm Conti Ultrasport. Is there lower profile 25mm tyres or do I need to look at narrower instead?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Recently bought a set of Crud Road Racer Mk3 mudguards. They're a tight fit generally, but the rear one simply doesn't fit between the seatstay and the tyre which is a 25mm Conti Ultrasport. Is there lower profile 25mm tyres or do I need to look at narrower instead?

If by low profile you mean shorter sidewall, bicycle tyres don't work the same way as car tyres for that, as they're essentially a circular cross section, where car tyres are more rectangular, so the 25mm measurement refers to the diameter of the tyre, i.e. they are the same all around. However, some Conti tyres do tend to understate their size, so another 25mm tyre might still fit, not that it's a "low profile" tyre, but rather it's accurately sized!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 alanjgalbraith

Don't know if this will answer your question, but may be worth a watch .. Mk3 Roadracer trix+tips https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90JecEOknA8

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Guess I'll try a 23mm and see if it makes a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Thoght this may be of some help to others experiencing the same issue; I got 23mm tyres which allow for adequate clearance.

The cruds work a treat now and certainly was money well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I had this problem on my last bike with MK2 cruds, even though they state they fit up to 25mm they don't and 23mm is maximum and even then you can run into clearance issues if your running wider wheels which may cause 23mm tyres to be slightly wider.

• Advertisement
Advertisement