Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unique/Special gift for 60+ mother at Christmas

Options
  • 21-10-2017 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I am looking for some great ideas for a present for a 60+ woman!

In the past we have went with a lovely commissioned piece of jewellery, that had lovely symbols etc personalised to her life etc. She was thriled with it! We spend €300+ approx on this but was worth it when we saw how she treasured it.

Now this year, we are looking for something again unique and special for her as we always buy something special at Christmas time.

Just wondering if anyone would have a really nice idea for Christmas ahead as would like to sort out soon enough and put money aside for it.

Would really appreciate some recommendations or ideas that we could consider.

Thanks so much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

One year we got my mom a family photo shoot. Christmas is usually the only time we are all home so we booked in for a couple of days after Christmas when we were all there and she loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭NewLeaf17

photo shoot sounds brilliant but we did arange for a photographer when they celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary and take some pics! But could be an option again I suppose....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

If there's a particular house she has fond memories of, like a childhood home or her first house as an adult, you could get someone to do a nice painting of it. I know several people who have done it and it's gone down well. You could find an artist to do it, or there are several cheaper options on Not On The High Street. Here's an example. You'd need a photo of the house obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭NewLeaf17

LIke that ideas wolf castle - only problem I have is finding a photo of it maybe in it's original state as it is merely a ruin now but I think this is something I can work on for her birthday, doubt I will have it and given to a painter for Christmas. Really nice idea though as I know she has very fond memories of where she grew up... Thanks again....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭Cocksy

family photo shoot, nice xmas sweater, handmade painting

• Advertisement
Advertisement