Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premier League - Huddersfield Town vs Manchester United 3:00pm Saturday 21st October

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Well done Huddersfield, completely deserved the victory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

monkey9 wrote: »
    I enjoyed that. Well done Huddersfield. Klopp's pal is doing a fantastic job there.

Spurs and Chelsea must be $hitting themselves!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Terrible from United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I'm going to clutch at straws and ask where the feck was the extra 30 seconds for their sub in extra time

• Credit to huddersfield they hung on

I thought for a minute Smalling had leveled it

Our own undoing in the first half, frustrating evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Reality check for Utd supporters I think. Top 4 would be a great season for them. I said it last week too have they really improved from last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It's good that the Premier League is still a very much unwritten script in every game.

United got what they deserved. Well done Huddersfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,843 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

poor showing... although I wish that chance at the end fell to someone else apart from Smalling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Mourinho still a tactical mastermind lads? Not usually the biggest fan of schadenfreude but after some of the cocky BS spouted by United fans last week after one of the least ambitious performances in PL history, that was bloody sweet.

And all made possible by Klopp's best mate too. Love it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Huddersfield deserved their win. Let’s be honest - the likes of Lingaard, Herrera, Matic are average players, nowhere near creative enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

niallo27 wrote: »
    Reality check for Utd supporters I think. Top 4 would be a great season for them. I said it last week too have they really improved from last year.

Couldn’t agree more with you and with massive amounts of money they have spent very ordinary.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

For the 3rd most expensive football team ever assembled, they look very ordinary at present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,843 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

kstand wrote: »
    Huddersfield deserved their win. Let’s be honest - the likes of Lingaard, Herrera, Matic are average players, nowhere near creative enough.

Matic was dreadful in possession, works hard and good defensively but a liability when called on to attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

City are gonna win this LGE by 15 PTS or more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Mourinho's post match excuses should be an absolute chortle.

I'm off to check in with Duncan Castles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Credit to huddersfield they hung on

I thought for a minute Smalling had leveled it

Our own undoing in the first half, frustrating evening

Was an amazing block at the end

The no added injury time always irritates me, just rewards time wasting. If the sub takes place in the 83rd minute, time is added on, in the 93rd minute it's nothing

shamrock55 wrote: »
    City are gonna win this LGE by 15 PTS or more

Can't see anyone stopping them. The way they dealt with Napoli in the first half especially was very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I'm off to check in with Duncan Castles.

https://twitter.com/duncancastles/status/921767385480224769

The guy really is hilarious. Joke of a journalist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

martyos121 wrote: »

it must really mean a lot to ye. Huddersfield managing what Liverpool failed to do. Celebrations galore for ye!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

martyos121 wrote: »

They're very similar. One is 8th and one is 10th.

More spoof no doubt. He's even grating Utd fans I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

His first tweet is on the money tbf. Backup players for the injuries have performed atrociously and it was two (I would say three because Lindelof should have dealt with Once once he got on the ball and shown him our wide).

Second tweet is probably also factual but has nothing to do with why we lost. Thought the ref was particularly poor for us today, but again, we should be able to overcome Huddersfield irrespective of this with the players we have relative to theirs.

RoboKlopp wrote: »

No excuses from him in fairness. Better team won he said, simple as that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

That's a decent response from Jose in fairness, no excuses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

What an odd character.

Completely fair interview. Doesn't suit the narrative though. He is like a pantomime villain.

He is an absolute clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

His first tweet is on the money tbf. Backup players for the injuries have performed atrociously and it was two (I would say three because Lindelof should have dealt with Once once he got on the ball and shown him our wide).

Second tweet is probably also factual but has nothing to do with why we lost. Thought the ref was particularly poor for us today, but again, we should be able to overcome Huddersfield irrespective of this with the players we have relative to theirs.

Yeah I wasn’t meant to copy the first tweet, was the second tweet I meant.

• Advertisement

Completely fair interview. Doesn't suit the narrative though. He is like a pantomime villain.

A lot of that he brings on himself to be fair, the bit about not complaining about injuries this week was hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

I am certain at this stage he is on a wind up. Some of the stuff he spouts is hilarious.

A lot of that he brings on himself to be fair, the bit about not complaining about injuries this week was hilarious.

Vast majority of his interviews are normal. His nonsense is no different than the football purist **** that Klopp comes out with when he is a bit annoyed. He is a divisive character who has done a few terrible things in his career as a manager, but rival fans can't see the woods from the trees with him. Its funny to watch people get wound up by it though

He is an absolute clown.

He's a red cafe/Pat Crerand type. Transfer spoofer also.

He's a red cafe/Pat Crerand type. Transfer spoofer also.

Nope. Castles is a Mourinho fanboy who definitely has links to him. Prior to him joining United he had no interest in us. When Mourinho leaves, he will follow him on

Vast majority of his interviews are normal. His nonsense is no different than the football purist **** that Klopp comes out with when he is a bit annoyed. He is a divisive character who has done a few terrible things in his career as a manager, but rival fans can't see the woods from the trees with him. Its funny to watch people get wound up by it though

If he got the Liverpool job in the morning I'd be very optimistic so that says exactly how I feel about him as a manager. The other stuff is just part of the bluster that follows most managers, I appreciate that. But he is the king of bluster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

In fairness his post match interviews have been very honest. He said Huddersfield played with passion, determination, motivation and sacrifice which is everything he wants his teams to do but his team had none of these characteristics and in fact had a terrible attitude. He didn't even moan about having played in the CL on Thursday. He said his own teams poor attitude was very worrying and cost them the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Hmm complaining about the ref not adding time on for an injury time sub this week.

Why were you not complaining in last weeks game when Man Utd made a sub in injury time and there were no extra time added

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Hmm complaining about the ref not adding time on for an injury time sub this week.

Why were you not complaining in last weeks game when Man Utd made a sub in injury time and there were no extra time added

Its a valid complaint all the time though.

Frustrated me in some of the recent Liverpool games

• Advertisement

There was extra played last week....

Advertisement