Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4G poor to non existent

Options
  • 21-10-2017 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭

Was in sandycove co Dublin earlier and 4G kept dropping to 3G and in Greystones co Wicklow now and it’s the same. Even at that 3G is ridiculously slow 0.06 download

Any body else having problems?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi heroics, 

Thanks for contacting us. We have no issues logged here for this area. 

Can you confirm if you were travelling when this issue occurred? 

Thanks 

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Hi heroics, 

Thanks 

Tracey
    Hi no I was not travelling at the time.

heroics wrote: »
    Hi heroics, 

Thanks 

Tracey
    Hi no I was not travelling at the time.
    Ok no problem. 

Is this happening to you regularly? Is it in the same place every time? 

Thanks 

Tracey 

to be honest I have only moved about a month ago to Eir. I have noticed that coverage was not as good and the speeds even when on 4G were not as good as vodafone. Places that I used to have no problem streaming video on netflix/sky/youtube now I can barely browse the Web. In fact the reason there was 2 threads started was I got an error just creating a thread on boards because of the Web speeds.

I have found 4G to be unreliable at best especially around Greystones/Kilcoole in North wicklow. I'll have 4G and start watching youtube etc and it will drop to 3G and I'll get ridiculously slow speeds. Youtube only streams at 144p etc.

I am using a iphone 8 so the handset is only about a month old.

I only started this thread to see if there was an issue or if its just the way it is with Eir. 

to be honest I have only moved about a month ago to Eir. I have noticed that coverage was not as good and the speeds even when on 4G were not as good as vodafone. Places that I used to have no problem streaming video on netflix/sky/youtube now I can barely browse the Web. In fact the reason there was 2 threads started was I got an error just creating a thread on boards because of the Web speeds.

I have found 4G to be unreliable at best especially around Greystones/Kilcoole in North wicklow. I'll have 4G and start watching youtube etc and it will drop to 3G and I'll get ridiculously slow speeds. Youtube only streams at 144p etc.

I am using a iphone 8 so the handset is only about a month old.

I only started this thread to see if there was an issue or if its just the way it is with Eir. 
    I'm sorry to hear this. 

Feel free to PM me your mobile and PIN and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement

PM sent

PM sent
    Thanks. I've PM'd you back there now. 

Thanks 

Tracey

Advertisement