Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Antminer S9

• 21-10-2017 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a moderate sized farm that I'm moving back to Ireland.
    As part of the move, I'm expanding my farm.

I have access to a good supplier who I've used several times in the past.

I'm buying an additional 50 Antminer's from them.
    Shipping will be via Air freight. And they have the stock available now. I believe they have about 500 or so.

If anyone is interested in buying a few, I'd be happy to discuss and include them in the order.

Prices are €2900 inc Antminer S9 (latest 14TH/s version), Bitmain PSU, Shipping charges to Ireland, and VAT at 23%. Your free to claim the VAT back if you have the means to do so.

Yes, they're cheaper if you buy via Bitmain direct, but they only accept BCC for the current stock that ships end of December.

My goal is to order my lot by Wednesday, and my contact in Shengzen will ship them by the end of the week.
    I'm estimating that they'll arrive in Dublin in 14 days, and clear customs on the same day, as I'll have all paper work and payment completed by then.

If your interested, PM me, and I'd be happy to give more info. I'll be based in Cork running my farm, if you need any info or help, I'm always happy to assist.

To note: I make zero profit from it, it's just an offer for boards.ie members of the crypto forum.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,824 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Interesting proposal, I am sure you are 100% genuine, I just have a few questions. Maybe you can help me or anyone else here interested?

I presume Bitmain is based in the far east and if you buy from them, you are liable for shipping costs, import duties and VAT on purchase price + shipping costs?
    On their website the S9 is $1508 and the PSU is $105, or €1367 for both. Say shipping is €50, then the total cost from ordering from them directly would be something like:

€1367 + €1367 * 10% import duty + (€1367+€50)*23% VAT = €1830 including all taxes and duties. Or am I missing something here?

Why are you prepared to pay over a thousand EUR extra, apart from that you'll be getting it a few months quicker?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭h0neybadger

Your correct, they are a lot cheaper via Bitmain, but there's other factors to consider.

Bitmain only accept BCC for the past few weeks / forseable future. So you'll have numerous transfer fee's to get from money in the bank, to Coinbase / kraken etc, then to BCC, then to Bitmain. Granted it's not 1,000 in the difference, but when you add everything up, it's actually closer to €650.
    The price I mentioned is actually inflated. I added a considerable amount extra for exchange rates, shipping, customs etc. Once they arrive and have been paid for, I'll know exact costs etc and what's left is divided up between who ordered what etc.

Bitmain won't be shipping any new orders until at least mid December (if your lucky.. It's also Christmas shipping, so shipping will have a premium cost. Bitmain's estimates are priced at regular costs for shipping.
    You'll be in a queue.. First come, first serve.
    Bitmain has always taken massive orders. Regardless of their stock levels.
    Once the dispatch date comes, if they have no stock, they leave your order on hold until the next iteration of dispatching.

They're near impossible to get any relevant info from without numerous emails.

I'm paying a premium to get them now. Not in January, or an unknown date.

I guess it might make sense to some, not to others. But I'm personally happy to go ahead with it, as once I claim back VAT, I'll effectively be paying €2,350 per unit.

With current price of BTC, current difficulty, this is what each make.

431241.png

Granted difficulty changes every x amount of blocks, and prices are volatile, I've been mining for quite sometime, and I've learned when a risk is worth it, and I've had very few hiccups along the way :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Where are you getting the power from at that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jayb97

Are these still available?

Jayb97 wrote: »
    Are these still available?

Sadly not. Near impossible to get lately unless your buying in bulk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Mucky_Tackies

Sadly not. Near impossible to get lately unless your buying in bulk.

What volume would be considered bulk?

What volume would be considered bulk?

Several hundred :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 philiousso

Who's the supplier in Shengzhen? I've been trying to find a reliable one who will accept secure payments.

Advertisement