Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Get an extra £5 when you Top Up £25 or more

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

I also got my email for the £6 bonus. Does anyone know if that can be done more than once?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

How long until £6 comes in? I purchased £30 gift card this morning. Also topped up by £25 and got the £5 straight away. Tried to top up again but didn’t get extra £5 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Millem wrote: »
    How long until £6 comes in? I purchased £30 gift card this morning. Also topped up by £25 and got the £5 straight away. Tried to top up again but didn’t get extra £5 :(

The £6 doesn't 'come in' as such. When you go to buy something, the discount will appear and can be used. Why Amazon did the £6 one differently from the £5 is anyone's guess...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Took about a day for me to get the £6 email.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Doodah7 wrote: »

The £6 doesn't 'come in' as such. When you go to buy something, the discount will appear and can be used. Why Amazon did the £6 one differently from the £5 is anyone's guess...
    Are you sure? It says you will get an email within 48 hours?

• Advertisement

Just tried it there....£6 added on for p and p but then subtracted.
    So I guess I need to wait on my email.
    Does anyone know if there are any promo codes for using app?
    Thanks

Just to update....I contacted amazon to ask them when do I get the £6. They actually gave me £8!! As a goodwill gesture as I have been waiting for the £6! :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭Doodah7

All the email says is that the next time you make an order, £6 will be discounted from it. I did this recently and exactly this happened.

All the email says is that the next time you make an order, £6 will be discounted from it. I did this recently and exactly this happened.

Don’t think I will get that too! Amazing if I did!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

So is the email of £6 different to the £5 top up ???

How do I got about getting email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭NoeldeBournaix

So is the email of £6 different to the £5 top up ???

How do I got about getting email.

It is. Click the link in this boards post to check eligibility:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104908264&postcount=1

If eligible, purchase a £30 gift card. Email the gift card to yourself.

Within 48 hours you should receive an email from amazon to confirm the offer.

Its a promo code for £6 with an expiry 14/01/18, whereas the £5 topup goes into your account. The £6 discount is applied to your first order after confirmation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭123654789

Link to the post not working for me, getting a 404 error and Not Found, The page you requested does not exist on the server.
    Could someone post the amazon link that's in that post please?

I tried for the £6 and says don't qualify.

Offer not showing for me so I'm not sure if it is over or because I already used it.

Go to Amazon and click on Today's Deals, it might show at the top of the page. It did for me before I used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 KerrySurfer

Thanks OP, just had the £5 on the £25 Top Up applied pretty much straight away. Used Revolut for the best exchange rate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭leck

Would you be eligible for this promo too:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104908264&postcount=1

Buy £30 giftcard, get £6. Use your account funds.

If so send the gift card by email to yourself.

I was eligible for the two offers but I'm relatively new to Amazon.
    I got the one in the OP (Buy £25 giftcard, get £5) and appeared to be eligible for this one too. I got a £30 giftcard on 7 Nov but unlike the other one, the reward didn't automatically appear in my account and I didn't get an email confirmation. But if I put something in my basket, I see this:
    Promotion Applied: -£6.00
    So I suppose that's the reward on the £30 giftcard. Does it have an expiration date?

leck wrote: »
    I got the one in the OP (Buy £25 giftcard, get £5) and appeared to be eligible for this one too. I got a £30 giftcard on 7 Nov but unlike the other one, the reward didn't automatically appear in my account and I didn't get an email confirmation. But if I put something in my basket, I see this:

So I suppose that's the reward on the £30 giftcard. Does it have an expiration date?

It doesn't appear in your account as credit. £6 discount off your next purchase. The expiry date on mine is in January. Yours would be the same.

Just got the email to say I get the extra £6 off!!! So In total
    I paid £55 but got £25+£5+£30+£8+£6!!!! Nice one :)

What's the £8+£6

Wheety wrote: »

What's the £8+£6
    When I bought the £30 gift card I rang amazon and asked them how long for £6 to be added as wanted to buy something they say. They got back to me and said they added on £8 as a goodwill gesture. Then the next day I got the general email everyone is getting saying they have added £6 to account. So in total for the £30 gift card I got £44 :)

I previously did the £25 top up and got the extra £5 so £30 :)

• Advertisement

I emailed and within an hour I got £6 applied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

I never qualify for the giftcard offers. And I do buy giftcards occasionally.

Email them and say that its what I did as I have bought quite a lot off them.

When I bought the £30 gift card I rang amazon and asked them how long for £6 to be added as wanted to buy something they say. They got back to me and said they added on £8 as a goodwill gesture. Then the next day I got the general email everyone is getting saying they have added £6 to account. So in total for the £30 gift card I got £44 :)

I previously did the £25 top up and got the extra £5 so £30 :)

I thought you got 8 instead of 6, not both :eek:

Advertisement