Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearing a Cabot 'loan'

Options
  • 21-10-2017 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi,
    I had an MBNA loan which was transferred to Cabot back in 2013/2014 for 15k.
    I've been in a payment plan for the last 3 years and have paid approx 40%.
    At the current rate its a number of years before it will be cleared.

If I could get the money does anybody have a ballpark figure for what they may accept as a final figure to clear? I was thinking another 3k or 20% (so 60% paid).

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭kilman

Apologies I've placed this in the wrong forum, if a mod could move I'd appreciate it.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭wordofwarning

I can't see them being in a hurry to write it off, as you have already paid off a chunk of it. You would have made more negotiating power, if you didn't pay anything off it.

A Debt Relief Notice (DRN) might be an option for you. It is also a negotiation option for you. Get them to write off a part of the loan or you will use a DRN to get it written off

Advertisement