Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build for a 11 year old

Options
  • 21-10-2017 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭

1. What is your budget?€550-650

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming] and [music] (If gaming include which games)
    GTA V, Farm sim 17,

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes/No]
    No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] (If possible state brand and model of the parts to ensure compatibility)
    No

5. Do you need a monitor yes

5a. If yes, what size do you need.22-24

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future?

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No

8. How can you pay?
    Credit Card.

9. When are you purchasing? [In 30 days or less]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? No

Would you be very greatful for any help.

Regards,

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Is he/she 100% on getting a PC mike? You will be doing well to get something decent and a monitor on that budget.

Prices of certain parts are inflated atm. SSD's/Ram/Graphics cards.

What about the new xbox1-x that's out next month?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

BloodBath wrote: »
    Is he/she 100% on getting a PC mike? You will be doing well to get something decent and a monitor on that budget.

Prices of certain parts are inflated atm. SSD's/Ram/Graphics cards.

What about the new xbox1-x that's out next month?
    the yes deformation wants a pc.won't need a ssd yet and was probably thinking amd build and probably buy all from amazon

Something like this should do the trick. Just about in budget. Might be a little more if you're getting everything from Amazon.

Solid PC though with a good upgrade path for the future.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4sfVjc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

BloodBath wrote: »
    Something like this should do the trick. Just about in budget. Might be a little more if you're getting everything from Amazon.

Solid PC though with a good upgrade path for the future.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4sfVjc
    that build looks great cheers.is there anywhere else rather than amazon you would recomend.I just thought withe free delivery and all coming from one place would of been best but I am open to suggestions. As I've now been asked to build two of these one for his cousin now for Christmas lol

No problem.

Honestly I don't know which of these sellers offer free delivery to Ireland other than Amazon. Amazon are also easy to deal with returns so maybe just go with them. Not all of the items I listed are sold by amazon though.

Black Friday coming up soon too so you might get a discount on some stuff.

There's a 24" version of the same monitor for 30 beans more as well.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/sh38TW/aoc-g2460vq6-240-60hz-monitor-g2460vq6

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

massy086 wrote: »
    1. What is your budget?€550-650

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming] and [music] (If gaming include which games)
    GTA V...

For an 11 year old!? :mad:

Good man, the old lad had me playing the original Doom and Quake at about 7-8 years of age. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor (£84.95 @ Aria PC)
    Motherboard: MSI - B350M BAZOOKA Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (£71.61 @ Box Limited)
    Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Tactical 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (£73.19 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Silicon Power - Silm S55 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£41.19 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£37.79 @ Aria PC)
    Video Card: PNY - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Video Card (£128.72 @ Amazon UK)
    Power Supply: Corsair - CXM (2015) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£49.60 @ Box Limited)
    Monitor: Hannspree - HE247DPB 23.6" 1920x1080 Monitor (£96.02 @ More Computers)
    Total: £583.07
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-23 11:17 BST+0100

Just an alternative with a 23.6" monitor (though 60hz instead of 75), better motherboard and an SSD for about the same price. The catch is that there is no case but I see you're in Blanch? If you can make it down to Rathfarnham I can give you this one for free, used it on one I made for the girlfriend a few months ago and it's pretty decent and also looks nice which may be a bonus for them at that age. I'll fish out a photo of it she sent me so you can see it on the desk. I accidentally bought the wrong size motherboard for it when doing one for the sister so it's been sat under my desk in work for a good 3 months, getting the leg space back will be all the compensation I'll need. :D

You can also drop back to the motherboard from earlier to bring the price down to about £560 (€628.50)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hyperion-EV33W-Dual-Chamber-Cube/dp/B01BMHK0OK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1508753886&sr=8-2&keywords=avp+hyperion

IMG-20170619-_WA0000.jpg
    That's a 32" TV, for a sense of scale.

For anyone who does not deliver to Ireland, Parcel Motel will cover that fort €3.95 per delivery (€7.95 if it's too big to fit in one of their lockers), I've used them a few times and they're an excellent service with great customer support over the phone.

Advertisement