Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night Gdansk

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Cowoby quits and takes the easy way out in a main event again, quelle surprise.

What are you on about? He got cracked.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Till calls out someone lower than Cerrone in Mike Perry who looked like an idiot with an eyebrow tattoo not to mention punching himself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Delighted till shut up cowboy and that idiot brendan schaub. Very impressed with his performance.

The thoughts of him vs mike perry makes me very excited

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Till reminds me of McGregor a bit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

ERG89 wrote: »
    Till calls out someone lower than Cerrone in Mike Perry who looked like an idiot with an eyebrow tattoo not to mention punching himself

Perry is one of the most exciting up and coming fighters in the whole of ufc. Makes sense to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

After watching that till dismantles perry. Skys the limit. The elbow he caught cerrone with was beautiful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

After some lacklustre post fight call outs recently, Darren steps up. Mike Perry played his part too...until he started punching himself in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Till was brilliant.....plus he is absolutely gorgeous :o A Star is born!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Cowboy looked weak but fair play to Till.

https://twitter.com/UFCrelated/status/921843819125071872

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,913 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

what an unlikeable prxxk perry is my god

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭weemcd

Cowboy fought Brown, Masvidal and Lawler within 7 months. All complete wars. Now this. 4 fights in less than a year. Pont I'm making, he needs go to be protected from himself and take a decent amount of time off.

He looked old tonight to me, before they even started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Jesus, Perry is such a dick. Till actually seems like a likeable character though

can't remember being so excited about a fighter so early in his career (well I can actually...khabib...thatch :o)
    it's early days but its hard not to get carried away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Real breakout fight for Till. I rarely say this kind of thing but I think he will definitely be champ one day. Wouldn't be shocked if it happened within 12 months.

dulux99 wrote: »
    Real breakout fight for Till. I rarely say this kind of thing but I think he will definitely be champ one day. Wouldn't be shocked if it happened within 12 months.

I think you could be right

The two fighters I always thought would be champ will probably never be now (khabib and rory)

mailburner wrote: »
    I think you could be right

The two fighters I always thought would be champ will probably never be now (khabib and rory)

Rory looked a nailed on cert to be fair. Especially around the time of the condit fight when he first broke on the scene

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,819 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Just out there and in McDonalds. Jesus the fights were absolute garbage but once a polish fighter was involved the atmosphere was top notch.

Not shocked by Till winning but highly impressed. Cowboy is done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

callaway92 wrote: »
    Just out there and in McDonalds. Jesus the fights were absolute garbage but once a polish fighter was involved the atmosphere was top notch.

Not shocked by Till winning but highly impressed. Cowboy is done
    Yeah not the best Fight Night card but we have been very lucky with them this year so I don't mind. I wouldn't say cowboy is done at all he just needs to stop being so quick to fight after being in wars. He should give himself a good 5-6 months after a fight like the Lawler fight. Just like Lawler did in fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

would be hilarious if perry got his ass knocked out in his next fight, probably won't happen like that if he does lose though

• Advertisement

I'd be surprised if UFC plough on with the Ponzi v Perry fight after that interaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

Lads the more i watch it the better Tills elbow looks, landed so clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

dulux99 wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if UFC plough on with the Ponzi v Perry fight after that interaction.
    I was surprised it's happening at all because they are looking to have a really big show in Argentina early next year so I thought they were saving him for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Queue minor 'injury' to Ponzinibbio which takes him out of action for a few weeks and Till to take his place. UFC would be mad not to throw Ponzinibbio a few quid to pull out of the fight and promise him another big match up as a sweetener.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,977 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Think Artem needs to pack in the MMA thing and get a real job. Losing to "fággots" now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

The Nal wrote:
    Think Artem needs to pack in the MMA thing and get a real job. Losing to "fággots" now.

Regardless of what he does he was a game fighter and better than alot of what's in ufc, he will never be great but most aren't no shame in that.

I also wouldn't blame him for what McGregor spouts out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,977 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Regardless of what he does he was a game fighter and better than alot of what's in ufc, he will never be great but most aren't no shame in that.

I also wouldn't blame him for what McGregor spouts out.

Agree on both counts but when you're 31 and you've fought 29 times and lost 14 its time to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

The elbow from Till was a beauty. He shouldn't have bothered giving Mike Perry any attention. He had a great opportunity to call out someone higher up the food chain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,819 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

RebelSoul wrote: »
    The elbow from Till was a beauty. He shouldn't have bothered giving Mike Perry any attention. He had a great opportunity to call out someone higher up the food chain.

Meh, if it’s worth something it will be a very high profile fight. Something to potentially main event a fight night event in Liverpool or co-main a PPV.

It will be a big fight from hype alone thanks to Mike Perry’s mouth. Even though ranking-wise Perry is nowhere, it would be a high profile win for whoever does win it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Perry is an enigma. He's not as thick as he seems IMO. Good interview below with Dan Hardy.

https://www.facebook.com/ufceurope/videos/1488052851230660/

Till vs Perry will be a good scrap. Technically I think Till is better, but Perry won't fold like Cerrone does under pressure.

Advertisement