Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night Gdansk

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'm really surprised that the UFC booked Perry vs Santiago despite flying Perry out to Gdansk and it was announced he was going to be a guest fighter there weeks before and also Till said he'd call him out if he won.

It would have made perfect sense IMO to wait and see what happened here. If Till wins and calls Perry out, great. There's your headliner on a Liverpool Fight Night card. If not, just do Perry v Ponzinibbio.

There's a very good chance Ponzinibbio beats Perry and then there goes the hype behind this potential match up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Its about time the ufc built something up

They dont have to fight next. Building up some fighters on the way up, and rivalries as well isnt a bad thing.

Ufc keep booking potentially good fighters too early imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,819 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Its about time the ufc built something up

They dont have to fight next. Building up some fighters on the way up, and rivalries as well isnt a bad thing.

Ufc keep booking potentially good fighters too early imo.

Spot on man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

This staged call outs are pure cringe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Perry v Till in Liverpool is the fight to make 100%. I reckon Bisping will retire after the GSP fight win or lose so it's an opportunity to create a new British star.

The fact the fight will also be a barnburner only sweetens the deal.

• Advertisement

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Perry v Till in Liverpool is the fight to make 100%. I reckon Bisping will retire after the GSP fight win or lose so it's an opportunity to create a new British star.

The fact the fight will also be a barnburner only sweetens the deal.

Jesus.. no way is Bisping retiring if he is wins. Leaving millions on the table. Would be crazy and my understanding of him is that he’s going nowhere as long as he keeps winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

callaway92 wrote: »
    Jesus.. no way is Bisping retiring if he is wins. Leaving millions on the table. Would be crazy and my understanding of him is that he’s going nowhere as long as he keeps winning.

I just feel he doesn't want any bit of Whittaker. The fight wouldn't be a huge draw PPV wise and he's not on McGregor mega purses so why bother. He gets his payday with GSP and gets to ride away on his own terms and finally get his eye fixed like he wants.

Dunno man. He is one of the highest earners on the roster - He’d be taking in 5 million at least for the GSP fight anyway

Advertisement