Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSPE First Years 2017-2018

Options
  • 21-10-2017 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Would be grateful for any information.

As I understand it the course for CSPE is changing but only for first years this year, and for other years the old syllabus is in place?

What course are first years in CSPE following? Are certain parts of the old syllabus retained as I understand there is a Wellbeing component to the new CSPE?

Does the Wellbeing course have a syllabus? How much time do you do on spend on CSPE and Wellbeing?

What exactly are you teaching? What syllabus are you using?
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Most of your questions are answered on JCT documentation. Wellbeing is not a course but a section of overall JC.CSPE can be either a short course or non certified component once it has minimum number of hours over 3 years.
    Various ideas for What to teach are on NCCA website.
    I think there's a CSPE teachers association

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭aine kilbride

TheDriver wrote: »
    Most of your questions are answered on JCT documentation. Wellbeing is not a course but a section of overall JC.CSPE can be either a short course or non certified component once it has minimum number of hours over 3 years.
    Various ideas for What to teach are on NCCA website.
    I think there's a CSPE teachers association

Thank you for your reply. I am trying to generate a discussion among CSPE teachers about their experiences and thoughts thus far since the start of the year with the new syllabus as it is new territory.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

We still have one class a week. Pretty much same content as before, just have no tests. There's a CSPE association if you want more information.

Advertisement