Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New landlord: utilities setup - non contract

Options
  • 21-10-2017 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hello,

I've recently become a new landlord and I'm currently doing minor renovations on there property before letting.

I'm keen to get utilities setup whilst doing work to the property. However, I have no need of a 12 month + contract.

Are their alternatives / recommendations that anyone could.

Thanks and appreciations in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

gnalpp wrote: »
    Hello,

I've recently become a new landlord and I'm currently doing minor renovations on there property before letting.

I'm keen to get utilities setup whilst doing work to the property. However, I have no need of a 12 month + contract.

Are their alternatives / recommendations that anyone could.

Thanks and appreciations in advance.

Get in pay as you go type or contact ESB ( electric ireland)

Tell them you will be letting out the property.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭The Student

Get in pay as you go type or contact ESB ( electric ireland)

Tell them you will be letting out the property.

Open accs in your name and then transfer to tenants. Dont get prepay meters as you will be charged to remove them if you ever want to use the property yourself or for a family membee..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Open accs in your name and then transfer to tenants. Dont get prepay meters as you will be charged to remove them if you ever want to use the property yourself or for a family membee..

I said they could. Different options but they will allows transfer as how would any ll do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭The Student

I said they could. Different options but they will allows transfer as how would any ll do it.

As a landlord I have had accs in my name and then transferred them to the tenants. It is up to the landlord to decide whats best for them. I have done this over the last 10 years and never had any issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭wordofwarning

Electric Ireland will offer electricity without a contract. The rates are usually higher than without a contract. But they offer them

• Advertisement
Advertisement