Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil Tank Smart Sensor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭bootser

There is a device called oil pal. Havent bought it yet myself but reviews seem ok and slightly cheaper and available.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭john_doe.

bootser wrote: »
    There is a device called oil pal. Havent bought it yet myself but reviews seem ok and slightly cheaper and available.

Thanks ya spotted that , not many reviews out there

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I use a watchman sonic. It's the job.

Just realised you want something completely different.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

I use the olive and it is great. This is linked to in the first post.

The tech support was excellent as I did not have one of the listed tanks. They connected remotely and set it up for me.

I have it almost a year now.

Gives graphs of previous temperature and oil usage.

Sends emails when below 40% and estimates no of days oil left etc.....

Some screen shots attached from my phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dec2000

Considering the olive or the oilpal, does anyone have the latter? Would be interested for feedback on that too. Our tank looks like it already has the space for the sensor

got the oilpal but havent installed it yet.

Need to get a hole saw(32mm) to drill hole in tank as even though the tank had a lovely sticker which said place sensor here there was no cutout. Not too keen on this as tank is now full and dont want plastic fabrics getting into oil, but will drill it soon.

I was looking at both options a few weeks back went for the Oilpal as it appears they are soon to tie into oil suppliers like the olive does only in Ireland and the Olive seems geared to Uk only.

john_doe. wrote: »

Need to get a hole saw(32mm) to drill hole in tank as even though the tank had a lovely sticker which said place sensor here there was no cutout. Not too keen on this as tank is now full and dont want plastic fabrics getting into oil, but will drill it soon.

I was looking at both options a few weeks back went for the Oilpal as it appears they are soon to tie into oil suppliers like the olive does only in Ireland and the Olive seems geared to Uk only.

That is correct my olive gives the option to purchase oil but it is uk only.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dec2000

john_doe. wrote: »

Thanks, be interested to hear how you get on with it. Do they ever do any deals on it, do you know?

dec2000 wrote: »
    Thanks, be interested to hear how you get on with it. Do they ever do any deals on it, do you know?

Never seen any deals.
    In fairness they are responsive for support though as emailed them a question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

Is there a paid subscription charge on the Olive?
    I understand that the watchman version have access charges after first year.

No charges for the Olive.

Advertisement