Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoke head problems

Options
  • 22-10-2017 9:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all

Looking for some advice here. Last year my house was completely renovated and I now have mains operated smoke detectors
    1 hall downstairs
    1 Landing first floor
    1 landing second floor (converted attic)
    2 attic crawl/storage spaces
    1 heat in the kitchen

Over the last few months, allways at night when we’re asleep I’ve had all the alarms sound (3 times in total ) and when I jump up from bed to check there’s no obvious reason why they sounded. I’ve checked the brand and they are eclipse brand from Kellihers electrical. Just wondering has anyone any ideas as to what might be causing this or ever expierenced this in the past? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Battery low or power surge or cut out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Battery low or power surge or cut out.

Generally low battery emits a beep every so often to warn you I believe, the tv was on once when it happened and never switched off so I don’t think it was a power cut. Power surge is possibly imo. Is there any measures I can take to help prevent that?

Advertisement