Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it worth getting a Google Home mini if I already have an Amazon Echo Dot?

Options
  • 22-10-2017 11:43am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I already have an Echo Dot - two actually one for the bedroom too and I love them. I have it connected to my tv with a harmony remote to turn on and off etc - I have some TP link plugs for the lamps. I use it all the time for timers, reminders weather etc etc. But I'm a big Google fan and I want to give the Home Mini a try. Just wondering if it's worth it. What has it got that the Echo doesn't?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I've both.

Well the other way around, the echo Dot and three Google homes.

TBH I like them for different reasons.
    Google home is good for casting. I'd get both

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I've a GHome, Echo and Echo Dot. I think I'll get a mini to replace the Echo in the main bedroom (I've also really nice AudioEngine 5 bookshelf speakers connected up to a Chromecast Audio which the Mini will control for music).

Advertisement