Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs vs Liverpool, 4:00pm, Sky Sports

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭irishkopite 2011

Marco Silva would be a good appointment although it’ll be hard to convince him to go down the table to 9th.

I think Klopp goes within 12 months.
    I was just going to say Silva also, he reminds me of how well pochettino did with Southampton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Liverpool are too obsessed with history.
    And it was a few more than one.

I said one because you said the word "anyone".

Too obsessed with history? I spoke about the situation, as it stood, at 4pm today. In particular, the fact that both clubs had very different games in Europe.

Hindsight is fantastic for sure, but to suggest that Liverpool had none, nada, zero chance today is just a bit off.

What chance did you think Palace had of beating Chelsea last week for example? Zero also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

To think Spurs could've been right up there pushing city if they hadn't had a couple of horror home games with Burnley and Swansea (Chelsea to a far lesser extent).
    As it is I see them and Utd battling for second, maybe with Chelsea if they get their act together. Arsenal fighting for 4th. Shaping up to be a bit more clear cut than last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Deise Vu wrote: »
    Posting 101: don’t contradict your opening sentence with your last sentence.

What's the contradiction?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Even yourself Davy, you had a laugh at our expense yesterday

But **** it why not that's what football is all about

Some lads like to pretend otherwise

It brings me joy when Liverpool lose, I'm not sure why others can't accept that

Next week is next week, I actually think we will give you a better game of it if certain players cop themselves on. I'm still confident of a result

I was rubbing it in a bit too much yesterday sorry.
    I have friends in tiny hudersfield town and I lost my mind in happiness for them.

I am looking forward to the Manu game next weekend should be a cracker hopefully we can keep young Lukaku quiet along with the rest of your team, it won't be easy. I take a draw now personally.

Unearthly wrote: »
    Bit of a reality check for some Liverpool fans who thought yesterday meant they'd be ahead in November

Certainly wasn't me ;):D

limnam wrote: »
    Yes.

Fake news. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

yabadabado wrote: »
    Robsrtson must be a dud if Moreno is getting game's ahead of out.Kloop needed a CB,FB,Keeper and a defensive midfielder yet spent the money on Ox and Salah.The right thing to do was fix it from the backline out.

I don't know, Robertson looked decent in his starts, to say he's not proving it in training must mean Lovren is putting in Baresi levels of training performances!

Then again I don't Liverpool train the defence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Certainly wasn't me ;):D

Very funny! 2nd time I’ve seen you indirectly have digs at me.

I still think we can get ahead of United in the next 5 games, or at least close the gap considerably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Unearthly wrote: »
    Bit of a reality check for some Liverpool fans who thought yesterday meant they'd be ahead in November

I said early Dec originally and I don’t think this result changes that opportunity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

We won all the stats of the game except the score. Sums it up, 4 gifts while we cut them open numerous times.

Winning the stats, about as useful as moral victories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

The goal on half time was killer. I would have fancied Liverpool's chances of getting a result only for that. That goal was soul destroying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Regarding Salah. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player have a such a brilliant performance in a team that was that bad. He could have been MOTM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

niallo27 wrote: »
    The goal on half time was killer. I would have fancied Liverpool's chances of getting a result only for that. That goal was soul destroying.

Gway outta dat.

spurs never left 1st gear.

You could have got propper hammered, you were lucky to only concede 4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Winning the stats, about as useful as moral victories.

This is why stats are useless without proper interpretation. Liverpool “won” possession by design today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

limnam wrote: »
    Gway outta dat.

spurs never left 1st gear.

You could have got propper hammered, you were lucky to only concede 4

That's just a lazy summarization of the game. I don't blame you though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

DeanAustin wrote: »
    This is why stats are useless without proper interpretation. Liverpool “won” possession by design today.

73.5% are made up anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

niallo27 wrote: »
    That's just a lazy summarization of the game. I don't blame you though.

"if only" is a much better summary.

I applaud your insight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Bridge93 wrote: »
    To think Spurs could've been right up there pushing city if they hadn't had a couple of horror home games with Burnley and Swansea (Chelsea to a far lesser extent).
    As it is I see them and Utd battling for second, maybe with Chelsea if they get their act together. Arsenal fighting for 4th. Shaping up to be a bit more clear cut than last year

Yeah real shame the seasons drawing to a close alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Has anyone ever overcome a 5 point difference with only 28 games left. If not mathematically impossible, it seems extremely unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

I'm sorry I can't seem to find the part where I said the season was closing.
    The first and second parts of what I said are completely separate to each other, the first more a statement given how in awe people seem to be with city. The second where I think each will come

Advertisement