Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving test in Wicklow?

Options
  • 22-10-2017 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all,
    Doing my driving test in wicklow tomorrow.
    Has anybody got any tips for certain junction , bends etc?
    How have people got on with doing their test there before? Im most worried about the reverse around a corner..sometimes it can go well and sometimes it can go horribly wrong.

Many thanks :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭CaoimheSquee

HI there! I did my second test there on the 19th and passed.
    I know I am too late seeing this but if you were unsuccessful and still need some help just shout! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Lalabanana

Yeah I failed :(
    Congrats on passing by the way! Who was your tester, if you can remember..just out of curiosity.
    I thought my tester was very harsh- nitpicking things..but then again the marking is at the discretion of the examiner..
    I just felt he was giving me marks for no reason. I was confident coming back into the center as I thought I did well. Obviously not!!

Might do my next test in Churchtown, as I hear its an easier place to drive in. The streets aren't as narrow

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭CaoimheSquee

I had two different testers. The first one was very harsh but fair I thought.
    Second one was great! We hit it off straight away as he had a bit of a sense of humour but tested me fairly hard. The only thing he let me off on was that it was lashing rain and he skipped the under the bonnet test. I had previously passed this bit in my previous test - in even heavier rain!!

I would recommend doing a pre-test with John Butler in Wicklow. He had me so brilliantly prepared. I can pm you his number if you want it. My friend passed in Wicklow first time with him too.

I have heard woeful things about Churchtown in fairness! It and Rathgar have the lowest pass rates so be careful! Stick with what you know and can practice a good bit!

Hey!I just had my second test in Wicklow today and failed again.I've had the same examiner for both.I agree with you lalabanana, he is nitpicking to the extreme.Especially this time.He gave me 11 grade 2s(5 for progress).And he gave me 2 for reacting to parked cars, even though I did give them clearance.He said the way I did it looked like I was parking!It's such an emotional rollercoaster.You feel like you cant do right,for doing wrong!

Advertisement