Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee- nice place to live now?

Options
  • 22-10-2017 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,

I checked already some posts about Tralee but mostly they are old, and I will be very grateful if you could help me with the current post recession situation in Tralee.
    Personally I see Tralee as a lovely town with beautiful surroundings, easy access to nature and endless walks. With the current property situation in Ireland it also looks very affordable.
    We are a family with one child that is only 1 year old and my husband got good job as head chef in Killarney and because of that we are thinking to relocate. We avoid big town anyway, and so far we mostly were living on countryside or outside of towns in small developments.
    Killarney itself it is too overcrowded for me even it is beautiful I fell that it is to much going on there during the season and also it is very expensive to compare with Tralee.

So please help me out with few stuff:
    1. How do you feel living in Tralee? Do you feel it is nice place to leave regarding safety, schools, shops, walks and etc?
    2. Is there any particular school/ preschool also better that other?
    3. Is there a sense of community in town?
    4. how big is the Sat market? Can I find organic veg/ fruts no problem there or any other org shop?
    5. Can you say that there is enough activities for kids and adults in town?
    6. Does Tralee go the right direction now to be better town in future for our kids?
    7. what is you personal opinion about investing in property there and where would you recommend to live? a bit outside or closer to town? and which are to choose?

Thanks in advance and hoping it will help me to chose proper place to live.

Comments

Advertisement