Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why can't I sync iBooks to my iPhone?

Options
  • 22-10-2017 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭

I upgraded my iPhone this morning and since then the option to sync iBooks to my iPhone via iTunes has disappeared? How do I fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

AFAIK all options to sync to phones from iTunes on a laptop has gone in the latest update.

It’s incredibly annoying because I have an iPhone for work and used to always update my apps etc that way- the WiFi in the office is terrible and if the updates are too big they don’t allow you to do it via mobile connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

How do I get my books on then?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,706 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If you bought them from Apple you can redownload them on your phone from the iBooks app.

If you had added them from other sources to iTunes I am as lost as you.

That is extremely irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

I upgraded my iPhone this morning and since then the option to sync iBooks to my iPhone via iTunes has disappeared? How do I fix it?

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208079

There is two strands of iTunes. This is used for App development but you don't need a developer account to download this version. It will replace the version you have right now.

Be aware though that it won't prompt you to update as its closed off from the consumer updates.

To further clarify - just think of it like an older version of iTunes.

• Advertisement

4Ykza7b.png

What does that mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

4Ykza7b.png

What does that mean?

Basically since you are running the newer file system it cannot read those newer files.

Just accept and continue. All going well you shouldn't loose any data. Just while this version runs you won't see any new files you have already used on the newest iTunes

Advertisement