Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private CUMH

Options
  • 22-10-2017 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just following on from the Private Care in Galway thread what is the situation in CUMH? Is it also combined care with your GP if you are going private? Anyone have any experiences? Trying to decide between hospitals at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭cornflake1

I went private in CUMH in 2016. I was with Louise Kenny and she saw me every four or five weeks up until the last few weeks when it was more frequent. I still went to the GP anyway in-between. I just presumed shared care was standard, so never thought there was another option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

TTC2018 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just following on from the Private Care in Galway thread what is the situation in CUMH? Is it also combined care with your GP if you are going private? Anyone have any experiences? Trying to decide between hospitals at the moment.

If you’re in Cork you only really have the choice of CUMH or a home birth(if you qualify). I went with Dan McKenna for my 3 and his fees included a booking scan with one of the midwives(she’s also a sonographer) at 8/9 weeks and then 4 weekly appointments until about 30 weeks when they became more frequent. I saw my GP in between appointments with my first. With my second and third I saw the GP less as I had some problems in the pregnancy so I was being seen by Dr McKenna more frequently.

Advertisement