Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera loss

Options
  • 22-10-2017 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭

Looking for advice regarding CCTV H.264 Dvr box supporting 4 Samsung SIT 4150 cameras, none of which are currently working. No IR light on any camera working since storm Ophelia, despite the wiring not being disturbed. Seem to be locked out of the box, it is looking for user name/admin & password, which I don’t have..... electricity blinked off & on a few times during the storm not too sure if this would have had an impact. Any
    Help appreciated please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭downwesht

Have a similar system...try 88888 as your password and code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭amber2

88888 not working thanks though. Don’t have a remote control just a ir mouse.

Try 888888 !

Do I leave username as what’s coming up : admin or type in 88888 for both username and password ?

Both not working.

123456 worked as password but still no joy with cameras after resetting...... rolling lines on one camera alright. Any advice appreciated. As I said no ir light working on cameras, is this a power or Dvr issue?

• Advertisement

Plug all out and start up again.grasping at straws.....sorry

Ir lights working on cameras now, but still video loss on screen. Can’t seem to find anything on settings to rectify it so
    Think we need a replacement DVR box. Can anyone recommend a good DVR box please.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

amber2 wrote: »
    Looking for advice regarding CCTV H.264 Dvr box supporting 4 Samsung SIT 4150 cameras, none of which are currently working. No IR light on any camera working since storm Ophelia, despite the wiring not being disturbed. Seem to be locked out of the box, it is looking for user name/admin & password, which I don’t have..... electricity blinked off & on a few times during the storm not too sure if this would have had an impact. Any
    Help appreciated please.

The H264 default was 0000 last time I worked on one. admin was the name.
    It should still be showing the pictures if working correctly.

Thanks for the reply got past the password issue but after resetting, rebooting checking connections, leads etc., still can’t reconnect visually with the cameras and suffering video loss on screen. Power to cameras now as IR light is on..... Not too sure but thinking I need a new DVR.

Thanks for the reply got past the password issue but after resetting, rebooting checking connections, leads etc., still can’t reconnect visually with the cameras and suffering video loss on screen. Power to cameras now as IR light is on..... Not too sure but thinking I need a new DVR.

If its coming up video loss on the unit id suspect the cameras rather than the dvr.
    How are they powered?

• Advertisement

Mains, Powered individual from the DVR & green light showing on the adaptor. At a loss at this stage not too sure what else to check.

Mains, Powered individual from the DVR & green light showing on the adaptor. At a loss at this stage not too sure what else to check.

Are you sure that is not just the video input that its connected to on the DVR?
    The power supply with the green light, is that just for the DVR?
    Any pictures?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hatchman

Power supplies can show green light but might not be giving enough power to cameras. Have u splitter on power supply to cameras ?

One power supply to 4 cameras through Qvis adaptor shown in photo attached so you can get an idea. Thanks

One power supply to 4 cameras through Qvis adaptor shown in photo attached so you can get an idea. Thanks

Id start with a new power supply for the cameras. If it has a splitter its an in line one.
    If the splitter is built into the top of the power supply you can get these separate for the power supply.
    Most of the wholesalers here would have them in stock.

Advertisement