Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online dating in 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

quinnd6 wrote: »
    Yes I think the conclusion to this thread is I'm doomed to being single for the rest of my life, there is no hope and pof.com is the best online dating site so if I can't get anywhere on that I'm well and truly fecked and oh yeah there's tinder and instagram too. Oh dear.
    I think I've lost all faith in humanity.
    Good night lads this has been a real flipping hoot.

Have you tried Ok Cupid, Tinder, Match.com?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Yes I think the conclusion to this thread is I'm doomed to being single for the rest of my life, there is no hope and pof.com is the best online dating site so if I can't get anywhere on that I'm well and truly fecked and oh yeah there's tinder and instagram too. Oh dear.
    I think I've lost all faith in humanity.
    Good night lads this has been a real flipping hoot.
    The pity party won't get you anywhere man!
    It's a major turn off for the ladies..

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Would you not do something a bit different and out there like...i don't know maybe approach a real live woman? In the flesh as opposed to behind a screen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Online dating sucks my good man.
    I have known so many people who have used them over the years. The thing is they all say the EXACT same problems with them. Things like:

- As a man, you can mail 50 women and only to get 1 reply. That's if you get a reply at all.
    - So many conversations that you manage to have usually fizzle.
    - If you are talking to someone meet them as soon as you can. Conversations that drag on rarely lead to anywhere.
    - The male to female ratio is insane. You can have 10 women online and 300+ men online. That's some competition.
    - Often a woman can log in and within 10 minutes have 20 different mails. POF had to remove its live chat feature years ago because so many pop-ups would open for female users.
    - about 90% claim to only "be on the website a short time" and only had 1 date (I find that one funny :pac: )
    - Dating sites are in fact hook up sites. Sure some get into relationships. Some even marry. Let's call a spade a spade tho... that's just the minority. Most hook up, have sex and on to the next person. Usually citing how things didn't work out, gel or whatever.
    - The amount of excuses people will use to cancel a date is unreal. Always a serious excuse usually involving a sick family member. Always seems to happen when you're meant to meet that person on that day. Funny that :pac:
    - Dating websites are also the home to serial daters and there is a lot of them.

ahh I could go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

LDS refers to Mormons. Hot, they may be but if they take their faith seriously then it's quite unlikely to have testimonials like that ;-)

Do mormons not wear socks?

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    There'll be a chap on here around 4am. He'll point you at some
    videos to help.

"You rang m'lord" :pac:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBw-aEixWuo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

OP, what info do you put in your profile. What kind of picture is included, and what sort of messages do you send?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

What is a typical message you'd send? You need to remember that women will get a lot of messages and if you just sending a 'Hey what's up' or someother genetic message then you probably won't get a reply.

Maybe get a womans opinion on your profile and make some changes to it. Find something about yourself to make you stand out and catch a womans eye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

I'll say the same thing to you as I say to any of my single and looking male pals, and there seems to be quite a few - meeting people seems to be tricky these days.
    Step away from the computer. It works for some and that's great, but you're after giving it a good lash, so leave it go now.
    Join things. Clubs, gyms, walking groups, choirs, acting classes, night courses, kayaking clubs, surfing, dance classes, etc etc., just join the heck out of everything and keep changing it up, going to new groups if you don't click with anyone and actually PUT YOURSELF OUT THERE.
    No one is going to magically appear on your doorstep. If this is your goal - to meet a woman for a serious relationship - you need to knuckle down to the task and approach it full on. Give it a year or two. A serious effort, now, mind you.
    Don't be creepy, just be authentically you. DO NOT HARBOUR ANY HATRED OF WOMEN because of refusals - women can smell that a mile off and they run, and wisely so. Like women, and you are more inclined to meet one you like and who likes you.

Be cheerful and good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

OP, there is an online dating forum on boards. I think it’s private so thou have to request access to it

You need to tailor each message you send to the specific woman. As others have said simply writing ‘Hey, hows it going?’ Isn’t going to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

EPAndlee wrote: »
    What is a typical message you'd send? You need to remember that women will get a lot of messages and if you just sending a 'Hey what's up' or someother genetic message then you probably won't get a reply.

So you're saying "Hey, nice chromosomes!" won't work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I always thought the "nice outfit... be better on the floor beside my bed though!" was a sure-fire winner!

No?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I've nevber tried it but id imagine if you used the ones you have to pay for there'd probably be a lot less time wasters?

Also I don't know where you live but to be honest if you're in the middle of nowhere you might be better off moving to a decent sized town, Galway, Limerick, Cork etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Vela

Right, here's a no BS opinion from a female who's done the whole online dating thing on and off for years.

Not everyone will be interested in you. You might not be their type physically, or you might not come across like someone they'd get on with. However, if you're not getting any messages back at all then there are things you can do to improve your chances.
    1. Put up a decent profile photo and a few others including a full length one. Don't just put up a group photo and expect us to know which one you are. Because 9/10 times I'll think you're the hot one, and if you're not... sh1t gets awkward fast.
    2. If you don't think you're that attractive - it doesn't fcuking matter. Seriously. It doesn't. Attraction is subjective. There are plenty of conventionally attractive guys I've dated who I just wasn't that into in the end. You'll always be someone's type, you just have to find that someone. Also, don't forget to amp up the attractive parts of your personality. For example, I think confidence is really attractive. There was a guy messaging me recently who I wasn't into lookswise at all but he came across as really confident, funny, and secure in himself, so I found myself replying and becoming more interested.
    3. Don't send messages like "hey", don't use words like "sexy" and don't copy paste the same sentence 10 times over because the person has set a minimum message limit and you're too ****ing lazy to write a proper message. They won't reply. If it was me, I'd also block you. But then again, I block anyone I'm not interested in now because of the abuse I get for saying I'm not interested or not responding (that's what women have to deal with on these sites).
    4. Don't be overly keen. I'm not saying to play games, but if you get chatting to someone try to remember that you haven't actually met yet. If a guy messages me 3 times in a row when I've yet to respond, I won't be responding. It's a turn-off. And then there are the self-depreciating opening messages like "hun you're so beautiful, I know I'm not that good looking, but... " - I mean, no. Just no. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.
    5. Don't write "no drama" or "I hate drama" or something like that on your profile. It says the exact opposite and just screams out to women that you invite drama into your life or like to create it.
    6. No fcuking dick pics. For the love of every woman's sanity.
    7. Don't use text speak and try to spell properly.

Look, the whole online dating thing is pretty ruthless. I've had guys send me pretty nasty essays about why they're not interested about 24 hours after I've politely said I'm not interested. This is why women just don't reply if they're not into you. It's ****ty, but that's how it is. So it's important to make a good first impression to get your foot in the door and have an actual conversation to get to know the person. Which means; a completed profile (none of this 3/4 lines of bull**** about your hobbies), a few clear and recent photos, and a genuine first message.

I'd also suggest widening your search to Ireland in general if you're willing to travel. It's a small country, so it's hardly even "long distance" to date someone from elsewhere.

Don't give up on it, you never know who might pop up next.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Never did online dating as it wasn't around when I was last single.

Judging by the stuff you hear and read in places like this, I think if the circumstances arose again, I'd stay single rather than do it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I'm friendly I just was asking for advice.
    I'm not Shrek for those wondering anyway.
    Just pof.com has never worked for me.

Not to be a dick but if your use of language is like this it might be a reason (also it shouldn't need to be mentioned but never just leave 'hi' as a message!). There's nothing 'wrong' with it, you don't come over as rude of anything but it's just, well, not too engaging. I mean it's standard lad text speak, but the problem is on those sites you need to try to get a good bit of your personality onto the page for people reading it and the same when you send messages.

I'm seeing someone now but when I was on it I had a good bit of success with POF. Be nice and respectful and all that but don't be afraid to have a laugh or message something random (that's not your cock! :D ) as a message and go from there. And don't be afraid to ask for a phone number or Facebook or something sooner rather than later or they'll likely lose interest. Most women I know who've used it get absolutely flooded with mundane, generic or just creepy posts non stop so you can get lose in the tide even after a few messages back and forth!

I just figured it was a euphemism for a dick picture. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Back in my day you went out, had a few drinks and shifted some young one. Good times, more innocent times.

Judging by the stuff you hear and read in places like this, I think if the circumstances arose again, I'd stay single rather than do it.

I actually found it a good bit of fun; I'm one of the last people to go around chatting up every woman in the bar/club/etc but on those online yolkies you just need to go in with a mentality of not caring what anyone thinks and enjoying yourself chatting with randomers who you might probably never meet or even hear back from. Launch your actual self into every message you send is really the right way to go about it, because if you're putting on an act or trying to be someone else (like trying to match what they say they're looking for) in hopes of grinding a date out of it, it would be a torturous experience.

Oh yeah, and read their f***ing profiles! Makes it much easier, also saves time in the long run, gives you something to talk about off the bat if you find something interesting (and helps figure out if despite looking like your boyhood fantasy, their personality just wouldn't make up - I'd never have sent messages to a blank profile or one "rittin n txt tlk 4eva")... and women tend to really appreciate when you've actually read what they put effort into writing. It's actually one of the easiest ways to stand out from the other 55 messages they've gotten in the last hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Back in my day you went out, had a few drinks and shifted some young one. Good times, more innocent times.

WTF happened to all that ordinary stuff? For hundreds of years we met face to face, tried it on, lucked out or got told to fook off, then went again. These days you aren't suppose to wolf whistle at a woman in public, yet its acceptable to try your luck online and arrange random meet and fook gigs. You can't piss crooked in real life, but it seems you can do what you want online. No wonder online dating is a wasteland of the desperate, decent and messed up.

• Advertisement

Grandeeod wrote: »
    WTF happened to all that ordinary stuff? For hundreds of years we met face to face, tried it on, lucked out or got told to fook off, then went again. These days you aren't suppose to wolf whistle at a woman in public, yet its acceptable to try your luck online and arrange random meet and fook gigs. You can't piss crooked in real life, but it seems you can do what you want online. No wonder online dating is a wasteland of the desperate, decent and messed up.
    Much like wolf whistling in real life, "nice tits!" or whatnot as an introduction isn't really going to get you anywhere on a site like POF either, to be honest. I was in two relationships from dating sites and went on a good few extra dates etc at well from them, but my current girlfriend I met on a night out and someone I was briefly seeing before that worked in the coffee shop below my old office.

It's just another option, really.

Nothing happened to it. It's still the way most people meet. I'venever tried online dating. I've used tinder succesfully twice but that's just for hook ups really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I don't know, you kinda sold it to me right there. Where do I sign up? :pac:

Billy86 wrote: »
    Much like wolf whistling in real life, "nice tits!" or whatnot as an introduction isn't really going to get you anywhere on a site like POF either, to be honest. I was in two relationships from dating sites and went on a good few extra dates etc at well from them, but my current girlfriend I met on a night out and someone I was briefly seeing before that worked in the coffee shop below my old office.

It's just another option, really.

Despite the age old wolf whistle being compared to an online remark of "nice tits", I agree with you. Not a great comparison, but I know what you're saying. That said, you must see my point. You met your current partner in the real world. That's the best way. The online option is merely a gateway to facing weirdos, those that lack confidence, the desperate and the committed. That's a bigger mix than you would ever find in a bar or club.

Despite the age old wolf whistle being compared to an online remark of "nice tits", I agree with you. Not a great comparison, but I know what you're saying. That said, you must see my point. You met your current partner in the real world. That's the best way. The online option is merely a gateway to facing weirdos, those that lack confidence, the desperate and the committed. That's a bigger mix than you would ever find in a bar or club.
    I'd disagree on the second part to be honest. Now don't get me wrong, you come by the odd weirdo but just don't respond to their message - and you can come by some odd balls in real life too. An advantage for lads here though is that we're much more likely to be the ones sending the initial message so reading profiles helps filter out the normies from the loonies and the airheads, so it could well ring more true for women where they're getting messages far more frequently.

Of all the dates I went on, being honest every single one of them was a completely normal person. An advantage to meeting someone online as opposed to on a night out also is that you can get a better idea of who they are and vice versa rather than if you're both locked.

They're really just different options in terms of meeting people online or offline, I wouldn't consider one better than the other. Though mileage will vary for each person - fro example I'm fairly good at getting somewhere with a woman I'm interested in in a pub, house party, or even say coffee shop etc (e.g. a situation like with the girl who worked below me) but I'm absolutely useless in the likes of nightclubs!

Billy86 wrote: »
    I'd disagree on the second part to be honest. Now don't get me wrong, you come by the odd weirdo but just don't respond to their message - and you can come by some odd balls in real life too. An advantage for lads here though is that we're much more likely to be the ones sending the initial message so reading profiles helps filter out the normies from the loonies and the airheads, so it could well ring more true for women where they're getting messages far more frequently.

Of all the dates I went on, being honest every single one of them was a completely normal person. An advantage to meeting someone online as opposed to on a night out also is that you can get a better idea of who they are and vice versa rather than if you're both locked.

They're really just different options in terms of meeting people online or offline, I wouldn't consider one better than the other. Though mileage will vary for each person - fro example I'm fairly good at getting somewhere with a woman I'm interested in in a pub, house party, or even say coffee shop etc (e.g. a situation like with the girl who worked below me) but I'm absolutely useless in the likes of nightclubs!

I appreciate that, but I guess we are on different planets mainly due to age I'd say. I was always good in public, drunk or sober, pub or club. Actually met my wife, while she was working and I was having a few! But I genuinely have no experience of online dating apart from feedback from colleagues and general observations. It seems like a really wild west type of place and I feel sorry for some people that rely on it entirely.

I appreciate that, but I guess we are on different planets mainly due to age I'd say. I was always good in public, drunk or sober, pub or club. Actually met my wife, while she was working and I was having a few! But I genuinely have no experience of online dating apart from feedback from colleagues and general observations. It seems like a really wild west type of place and I feel sorry for some people that rely on it entirely.
    Well yeah I'm 31 - I've got the most woeful hearing if there is loud background noise and am the f***ing worst/most awkward dancer you'd ever see even if I was too drunk to remember my own name, hence my being of feck all use in those spots particularly. It was also why I always the person who spent 90% of the night out in a nightclub in the smoking area. :p

I definitely do see how online dating could be scary or genuinely stressful if someone were getting desperate to get into a relationship and didn't have many other options though. I would forget I send a message not long after doing so usually, but since rejection online is basically just no response, I'd have no doubt some lads are constantly refreshing their inbox which could get pretty soul destroying over time (and sadly, probably come across in their next messages, and so on and so on).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Online dating is grand just don't let it dictate your life. I did it for a while and met loads of nice women through it. Put up good recent pictures where they definitely know what to expect if you meet, and write a profile which might show a little bit of your personality, and be realistic about your expectations and who you're messaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I'm going to be giving up online dating in a week and also giving up looking for a girlfriend.
    I don't feel like there is any hope of me ever meeting anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm going to be giving up online dating in a week and also giving up looking for a girlfriend.

What about all the feedback you were given? People took the time to try to help you out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Yeah, you need to completely change your outlook on life before you even start looking again. Until you're happy and confident in yourself you're on a loser.

Move location. Gives you a fresh perspective on dating.

You are 35 years old. You live in a fast paced society, driven by social media and all it's constant connectivity and instant gratification. You can't find a woman. While I feel sorry for your particular position, I'm also stunned. Seriously. If we were having this conversation 20 years ago, I'd get it.

Get out and about. Fook the online ****. Join something. Anything. Oh and don't look desperate. The wrong ones smell that a mile off.

I've never conciously looked for a girlfriend. It's just something that's happened over time. Do people really do that? I mean I've ended up in relationships with people through college and work and hobbies but I've never purposely tried to meet new people with the aim of getting in a relationship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Burial. wrote: »
    If you know what you're doing Instagram is the best dating site/app at the moment. You're basically advertising yourself, your personality and your interests on it anyway and the best thing is that you won't have tonnes of competition as most men won't even realise the potential in messaging aul dolls on Instagram.

Funny enough, you have a point. I have met more women from Instagram in the last 6 months than I did in 6 years with online dating. I love photography and Instagram is a great platform that has allowed me to meet people with similar interests. It doesn't have to be photography either. I know people that are big into fitness and have used it the same way. Find something you're passionate about.

The way I see it, you can keep pursuing something that makes you unhappy in the hope that you may eventually find someone, or you can do something you actually enjoy and meet people that way.

OP your attitude which points to a lack of self belief is the only thing which is holding you back. I've engaged with online dating more up and down throughout the years. Luckily for me it was a mostly positive experience but a word of caution; If you are in any way feeling low in yourself then stay the hell away.

Instead build yourself up by concentrating on just living your life. Do stuff. Go places. Throw out any notion you may have of finding that one special person. You may find someone for five years or ten. It may happen next month or next year.

My point is put all thoughts of searching out of your mind. Take the focus off wanting a relationship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Some folk are born to meet 'other halves/soulmates'. They've either have personalities conducive to it happening or they're people that God/the Cosmos/Fate likes and looks after.

There are older people I know of and it's almost as if they met some sort of twin sibling of the opposite gender by chance at 19 years of age, don't know how they do it.

I'm coming around to the idea at my age that maybe I'm too strong minded and independent for such a thing, it's pissed me off over the years in the sense of feeling inferior, lack of social status, lack of sex but I've never really wanted to jump off a cliff about it or felt like 'half a person' because of it. I'd have liked to have had kids though.

dd972 wrote: »
    Some folk are born to meet 'other halves/soulmates'. They've either have personalities conducive to it happening or they're people that God/the Cosmos/Fate likes and looks after.

There are older people I know of and it's almost as if they met some sort of twin sibling of the opposite gender by chance at 19 years of age, don't know how they do it.

I'm coming around to the idea at my age that maybe I'm too strong minded and independent for such a thing, it's pissed me off over the years in the sense of feeling inferior, lack of social status, lack of sex but I've never really wanted to jump off a cliff about it or felt like 'half a person' because of it. I'd have liked to have had kids though.

Or maybe they were all just people who met other people and decided to give things a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Hammer89 wrote: »
    Sounds like it's your website and you're recruiting.

"My Saturday nights consisted of Netflix and a Dunlop sock, but thanks to LDS Singles they now consist of the hottest and horniest babes this side of Spiddal. Thanks LDS Singles!"

"When my friends first recommended online dating, I admit I was skeptical. But I've gone from **** into a sock to getting wanked off into a sock and it wouldn't have been possible with LDS Singles. Thanks LDS Singles!"

"I knew it was time to try online dating when my sock suddenly broke in half like a cream cracker one day. I went on to LDS Singles and I haven't looked back. I've gone from pulling my plum to pulling horny chicks. Thanks LDS Singles!"

Hmmm, I was wondering why I couldn't buy Dunlop socks anymore. Thanks for the clarification.

Seems the entire company stock has been wanked into or onto.

I'll pick up some nikes instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

lukesmom wrote: »
    Would you not do something a bit different and out there like...i don't know maybe approach a real live woman? In the flesh as opposed to behind a screen?
    Have a look over on the MeToo thread. That's sexual harassment now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

lukesmom wrote: »
    Would you not do something a bit different and out there like...i don't know maybe approach a real live woman?

Tried that Necrophilia once,.... it was a dead loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

dd972 wrote: »

And there are other people who never meet anyone at all, whether they try or don't try, whether they're in a good phase personally or a bad phase. People from smaller families and who aren't in wide friendship circles from the get go tend to have it harder. In Ireland people get into cliques early on in college, work and start "dating" out of that. If you don't get off to a good footing off the bat it becomes harder as time passes.

I've given up on that side of life myself and am completely at peace with it now. There are other things I clearly have to do/complete and I'm focusing on them. This probably isn't what the OP wants to hear.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

And there are other people who never meet anyone at all, whether they try or don't try, whether they're in a good phase personally or a bad phase. People from smaller families and who aren't in wide friendship circles from the get go tend to have it harder. In Ireland people get into cliques early on in college, work and start "dating" out of that. If you don't get off to a good footing off the bat it becomes harder as time passes.

I've given up on that side of life myself and am completely at peace with it now. There are other things I clearly have to do/complete and I'm focusing on them. This probably isn't what the OP wants to hear.

Why not date the OP? At least you can have fun out béal bochting one another once you've moved past the initial awkwardness of 'actually, you know what, I am just a little fussy'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Ireland just doesn't have the population for online dating unless you're located in Dublin.

Agree with this, most of the rest of the country at least in POF terms, at least in my county and even surrounding counties, are the same few dozen women at best, in my county in general it's the same 12-15 women on it and are on it very frequently, sometimes all day, every day, some are attractive, some are average enough and are women that have been on there for months and months and have no intention of dating anyone in the locality, and wouldn't bother their ass replying to a nice message that I might put some effort into, might get a profile view from someone at best, but not a word. Wouldn't mind as much to get a reply even if the person wasn't interested, beats being snubbed. You could get through 50 people in a month and have to resort to messaging outside your county because you've more or less gone through everyone of your own age that is within 10km for example.

Beginning to think online dating, at least in my area is just feeding peoples inner narcissism/ego.

• Advertisement

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Beginning to think online dating, at least in my area is just feeding peoples inner narcissism/ego.

Although this may be the case for some, you can't really jump to that conclusion just because you're not getting messages.
    I met a lot of women from these things over the years, but also I had tonnes of messages ignored from women who I thought would be in my range, for want of a better word, and who I thought we may have a lot in common. Just don't put all your eggs in one basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Although this may be the case for some, you can't really jump to that conclusion just because you're not getting messages.
    I met a lot of women from these things over the years, but also I had tonnes of messages ignored from women who I thought would be in my range, for want of a better word, and who I thought we may have a lot in common. Just don't put all your eggs in one basket.

A pain in the arse really, I'll give an example of a persons inflated view of themselves, messaged this ok looking blonde on it months ago, I come and go from the app, because I just get annoyed with it, anyway, I messaged this blonde girl, saw her around in town actually, thought she was attractive enough. Messaged and said hi, mentioned something nice about the profile, blocked me straight away. No good reason.

Few days later she appears in the new users section, she keeps renewing her account in order to get more hits, more compliments, more attention. She does this the whole time, part of me just wants to catfish her for my own personal amusement.

A pain in the arse really, I'll give an example of a persons inflated view of themselves, messaged this ok looking blonde on it months ago, I come and go from the app, because I just get annoyed with it, anyway, I messaged this blonde girl, saw her around in town actually, thought she was attractive enough. Messaged and said hi, mentioned something nice about the profile, blocked me straight away. No good reason.

Few days later she appears in the new users section, she keeps renewing her account in order to get more hits, more compliments, more attention. She does this the whole time, part of me just wants to catfish her for my own personal amusement.

You're not supposed to get that involved in someone's profile, you don't know them. If it's not working for you just leave it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

A pain in the arse really, I'll give an example of a persons inflated view of themselves, messaged this ok looking blonde on it months ago, I come and go from the app, because I just get annoyed with it, anyway,.

Why bother using it,if it annoys yous?

Life's too short for that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

The defensive ones about their kids are gas on POF. "Howya, me name's Shauna and I have four kids. Yes, kids! K-I-D-S. Kids, I have them, four of them. Kids with the capital K for knob someone else if you don't like kids, which I have (four to be specific). They're me world."

• Advertisement
Advertisement