Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Treacy Dungarvan 10 Mile - February 4th 2018 *Transfers Allowed*

Options
  • 22-10-2017 10:14pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭

With Ballycotton off the menu for 2018, might make the entries for Dungarvan sell out a little quicker, so heads up, entries open on November 1st.

This is one of my long term 'want to do' ones so need to make some decisions on what I wanna do in 2018. Long time (years) since I did a series of run races...need to get that hunger back.

https://www.dungarvan10mile.org/ and last years thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Testosterscone

With Ballycotton off the menu for 2018, might make the entries for Dungarvan sell out a little quicker, so heads up, entries open on November 1st.

This is one of my long term 'want to do' ones so need to make some decisions on what I wanna do in 2018. Long time (years) since I did a series of run races...need to get that hunger back.

https://www.dungarvan10mile.org/ and last years thread

Absolute brilliant race last year, one of the favourite ones of the year. Hmming and hawing about this though as Trim 10 mile is same day and not sure if I can wrangle the trip down again

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ross Runner

Reckon this will sellout fairly quickly!!
    Deffo gona sign up straight away as this is my favourite race to do....
    Would just love a calm day dont care about rain or temp,irs akways windy in Dungarvan....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

I done it in 2014 the year of driving hailstone & the start was delayed because of a funeral...... my nipples still haven’t recovered!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Absolute brilliant race last year, one of the favourite ones of the year. Hmming and hawing about this though as Trim 10 mile is same day and not sure if I can wrangle the trip down again

Is Trim not the following weekend? Was looking for a date for it there when I was posting this but couldn't find one for 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ross Runner

Pidae.m wrote: »
    I done it in 2014 the year of driving hailstone & the start was delayed because of a funeral...... my nipples still haven’t recovered!!!!

Did 2014.... took me 4miles for the numbness to leave my hands and arms..
    Was quiet painful that day....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Pidae.m wrote: »

You male or female? :)

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

You male or female? :)

Ha ha & I feckin left my race number in the car so I wasn’t in the final results. Leo V done the race actually too that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Is Trim not the following weekend? Was looking for a date for it there when I was posting this but couldn't find one for 2018.

No Trim is the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Someone asked me at the weekend if I'd entered yet, almost had a panic attack as I know how fast it sells out! Glad to see they were wrong & it's not 'til Nov as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

This is firmly on my radar - had originally planned a 10 Mile treble up of this, Mallow and Ballycotton but will have to settle for a double up at this stage.

Ran this back in 2012 and enjoyed it - I think I even passed out John Treacy himself around halfway :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

Cartman78 wrote: »
    This is firmly on my radar - had originally planned a 10 Mile treble up of this, Mallow and Ballycotton but will have to settle for a double up at this stage.

Ran this back in 2012 and enjoyed it - I think I even passed out John Treacy himself around halfway :D

Cobh and Blackwater are 2 other very good 10 mile races in Cork if you are looking for alternatives to Ballycotton

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

What time on the 1st of November, do the entries open at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

What time on the 1st of November, do the entries open at?

I don't expect that there will be a "Ballycotton-style" rush on this (although.....) so you won't have to be sitting by your PC at midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Won't be far off it!

Does anyone have a link to where you can enter?

I'm possibly half asleep and doped on Panadol but can't see how to enter on the website :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

its not their site yet

here is another link but it keeps crshing

https://register.primoevents.com/ps/event/Dungarvan10Mile2018

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Ecoenergy

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a link to where you can enter?

I'm possibly half asleep and doped on Panadol but can't see how to enter on the website :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Its not just you. I can't see it either:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Finally got registered, site is totally overloaded.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Yep....got in there now after a few refreshes.

I'd say there's sparks flying out of a server somewhere in Dungarvan right now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

+1 took a good few attempts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Dukie

Finally got in. I'm gone from never running again on Sunday to Beat the Train 10 mile, Waterford Half & Dungarvan 10 mile :):)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Based on these posts, in case it does sell out quickly, I'm in. Time to tick this one off the bucket list. 1:30pm start time is ideal for traveling on the day too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭El Caballo

I'm in, Waterford becoming a bit of a home away from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Bez Bing

Be careful signing up I tried using this link: https://www.dungarvan10mile.org/ and it looks like I've paid for a West Waterford AC membership rather than actually signing up for the race!

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Rega

Bez Bing wrote: »
    Be careful signing up I tried using this link: https://www.dungarvan10mile.org/ and it looks like I've paid for a West Waterford AC membership rather than actually signing up for the race!

Me too! Emailed them to see what's the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Bez Bing

Suspiciously both cost exactly the same 25 eur + 1.75 processing fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

Rega wrote: »
    Me too! Emailed them to see what's the story.

I came here to see if anyone else did the same thing - thankfully I'm not the only eejit!

Unless the link was wrong on the page? The membership and the race was the same price so I didn't cop it until the confirmation email came through for:

"West Waterford A.C. Membership 2018 - Running-Membership - Adult Club Membership"

I entered through this link:

I've emailed them to cancel the club membership !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

Bez Bing wrote: »
    Suspiciously both cost exactly the same 25 eur + 1.75 processing fee.

Yes - that's why I didn't cop it. Maybe I'm in the race twice now ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Rega

scargill wrote: »
    I came here to see if anyone else did the same thing - thankfully I'm not the only eejit!

Unless the link was wrong on the page? The membership and the race was the same price so I didn't cop it until the confirmation email came through for:

"West Waterford A.C. Membership 2018 - Running-Membership - Adult Club Membership"

They've changed the link on the website now to the proper race entry link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭cantwbr1

scargill wrote: »

I’m in the same boat. Who did you email

Advertisement