Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Treacy Dungarvan 10 Mile - February 4th 2018 *Transfers Allowed*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

cantwbr1 wrote: »
    I’m in the same boat. Who did you email

info@westwaterfordathletics.org (found this on their website)
    adunford262@gmail.com (this address was on bottom of club membership receipt)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Oh Jesus I did the same thing! A dramatic increase in club membership this morning. Hopefully it won't be too difficult to get it refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Down South wrote: »
    its not their site yet

here is another link but it keeps crshing

https://register.primoevents.com/ps/event/Dungarvan10Mile2018

Thanks for that, very well hidden! A friend of mine told me he was trying to register before work this morning & couldn't find the entry site :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Might have caught a few out there! Had to double check mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Rega

Got an email back saying the following

Hi all entries

For a while this morning some entries to the Dungarvan 10 Mile Race were accidentally entrered as Club members.

We apologise sincerely for this inconvenience and wish to let you know that all entries are automatically entered into the John Treacy Race. Do not enter again as your entry is now complete.

We just request if you are a member of a club to reply to this email with your club details.

Thank you for your patience

Yours

Ann Dunford

• Advertisement

Feck! I've re-registered on the correct site. I got no such email.

I didn't get any reply and have already re-registered on the correct link.

I know of several others with the same problem.

A bit of a mess!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

I am in. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

At least there appears to be the option of transferring your online entry this year (up until 12th January) - should make for a lot less no-shows on the day.

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Full

Got there with 5 places left in a queue and watched it tick down to zero.

On the waiting list so hopefully people that double booked this morning get sort and it frees up spaces

ger664 wrote: »
    Full

Got there with 5 places left in a queue and watched it tick down to zero.

On the waiting list so hopefully people that double booked this morning get sort and it frees up spaces

Yeah - I have 2 entries and it seems a good few others do too!

And me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Amazed that a) it sold out in about 4 hours and b) they somehow managed to make a mess of it.

Hope ye all get sorted at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Bez Bing

I double booked too and emailed Ann, just got an mail back saying that my membership fee will be refunded.

I'm sure everyone will be sorted.

Got a reply also from Ann. Probably won't be sorted for a few days but there's no hurry. Maybe a few more places will be available then.

Jesus that sold out fast. Glad I bit the bullet so! Unless they just took entries down while they sort out the mess from this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Trim it is so!.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

Ah how many places were there that it sold out so quickly? I hope there will be more places, I couldn't make up my mind but sure it won't be the end of the world if there isn't

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

julyjane wrote:
    Ah how many places were there that it sold out so quickly? I hope there will be more places, I couldn't make up my mind but sure it won't be the end of the world if there isn't

2750 I think

• Advertisement

I would assume Ballycotton being off the calendar contributed to the fast sell out. Mallow may see the same fate given that usually held a week or so after Ballycotton I think.

julyjane wrote: »

Its 2750 which will mean ~2400 will run it. I ran it 3 years ago when 1700 toed the line and I really think 2500 is rally its capacity unless they start in waves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Sh1t - I totally missed that one! It looks like there'll be a waiting list though, so hopefully I'll get in on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Any luck for people on the waiting list yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Cartman78 wrote: »

I can't believe I missed that opening too. I'm probably last on the list now. No fancy t shirt for me next year.

Cartman78 wrote: »

Was one of the first on the list heard nothing back other them I am on the list

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭noelearly

Is transfer of numbers available here. Not sure I have the urge to get the head down for serious training yet.

noelearly wrote: »
    Is transfer of numbers available here. Not sure I have the urge to get the head down for serious training yet.

It's not really clear, they have a waiting list but no facility to transfer or surrender your number.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

You can contact My Run Results to transfer your number to another name.
    Can I transfer my number if I can't run on the day?
    Numbers may be transferred to another athlete, one week or more prior to race day, only by contacting MyRunResults.

https://www.dungarvan10mile.org/faq.shtml

• Advertisement

They've just sent out following email about transfers. Fair play to Waterford races, ahead of the curve with offering transfer options. Though they probably have to, because, lets be honest...we all think twice about going to Waterford :D

Thread title updated to allow transfer talk
    Thank you for registering for the Dungarvan 10 Mile 2018. If for any reason you cannot participate and wish to transfer your registration to another person, you can do so through the following link https://register.primoevents.com/ps/event/Dungarvan10Mile2018/entryLink

There is an admin cost of €5. Please be aware that you cannot give your number to another person without the event organiser knowing of the change. There are many reasons for this.

1. Incorrect results including gender, age and team results can be effected by a person giving their number to an another competitor.

2. For insurance purposes, the person taking the number would not be covered if the organiser is not informed.

If a current registered participant gives their number to another person without the consent of the race organiser, that number will be taken out of results.

Thank you and we hope you are looking forward to the event in February

Advertisement