Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Treacy Dungarvan 10 Mile - February 4th 2018 *Transfers Allowed*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Hobbyjogger

Been on waiting list since it opened and haven't heard anything since, if somebody has a number now that they've opened transfers I would gladly take it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Hobbyjogger

Been on waiting list since it opened and haven't heard anything since, if somebody has a number now that they've opened transfers I would gladly take it :)
    Got a transfer sorted, thank you Newtown 90 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Couldnt be arsed waiting on the waiting list. Trim is the same drive time so entered that instead. Enjoy the race and spread afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Smurfvin

If anybody has a number available for transfer please let me know.
    My older, trimmer & faster brother has one sorted already and i can’t pass up the opportunity to finally beat him in a race.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

I wonder will there be warm showers this years??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

I wonder will there be warm showers this years??

Get back good and early and you'll be fine ;-)

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Anyone seen info anywhere on when closing date for transfers is?
    Mine may now be up for grabs - not sure yet so please don't send me a deluge of PM's looking for it...if you do, you're not getting it should I need to transfer out :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭webpal

Anyone seen info anywhere on when closing date for transfers is?
    Mine may now be up for grabs - not sure yet so please don't send me a deluge of PM's looking for it...if you do, you're not getting it should I need to transfer out :P

From FAQs on race website:

if I can't run on the day?
    Numbers may be transferred .......

Post edited as I don't think it's correct. If you use your order number and go through the primo events link at top of this page it says transfers can be done until Friday 12th January

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭webpal

I’m not going to make this. I can transfer my number if anyone is interested

Gone now, best of luck all, a great race

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Got entry via wait list today valid until 12/1. Doing Trim instead so anyone still on the wait list hold tough as they will probably redistribute those like me not taking up the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

I have an entry for the JT 10 mile and can no longer go.

anyone interested, please let me know. Tomorrow is the deadline for transfers

• Registered Users Posts: 2 paddyok23

Down South wrote: »
    I have an entry for the JT 10 mile and can no longer go.

anyone interested, please let me know. Tomorrow is the deadline for transfers

Still got that entry?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

paddyok23 wrote: »
    Still got that entry?

Yes still have it. If you're interested send me a PM with name and email address and we can take it from there. There's a €5 transfer charge that they will ask you to pay. The cost of the original entry was €17

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

I have an entry that I can't use now either if anyone is interested.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Entry up for grabs from me too. Not sure I can make it so would rather transfer to someone who can.

Edit: entry now gone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

So how are we all getting on? :)

Hard to get the miles done in this weather so I'm probably going to be slightly undercooked going into this one. Not in bad shape though really - have miraculously avoided (so far) the worst of the flus/bugs going around.

Have a 10 Mile PB of 63:30 from 2012 (also in Dungarvan)....would be ecstatic to get anywhere near that this year....65 mins is the target this time but might be slightly beyond me on the day I'd say

Cartman78 wrote: »
    ....65 mins is the target this time but might be slightly beyond me on the day I'd say

That would be a good time to aim for - it would hopefully keep you ahead of the race walkers ;-)

Thought I was doing great last year with my 67mins, but a fella walked past me at halfway to finish in 66mins!

Ain't been on the roads myself since Christmas, trying to let a niggling injury recover. Dungarvan will be my first long run, so will just take it easy and enjoy the occasion, probably pace some clubmates to 75 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Received my number in the post this morning, first race of the year, cannot wait!
    Hoping the weather is as nice as it was for the Waterford AC half last month :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Weather looking relatively decent for Sunday - 9 degrees, dry and light wind.

Running out of excuses now! :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Looking forward to it as well, a month off during Dec has made me readjust my expectations so thinking ~5 mins slower than last year might (only might!) be possible. Regardless will enjoy it anyway as a great event.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jimmy74

Have been out of action since last October, only slowly getting into things over the last few weeks, even though the distances have been mostly short they've been bloody tough.

Unsure how Sunday will go, probably should be happy that I can start the race, haven't ran farther than 6 miles this month yet so just gonna start back along & enjoy the craic & hopefully make it back in time to HQ before some of the speedy folks have all the grub consumed.

Does anyone know what time intervals the pacers are going at?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jimmy74

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what time intervals the pacers are going at?

Last few years pacers started @ 60mins with the rest at 5min intervals up to 100 mins, I haven't heard anything about this year's pacers yet but I'd guess that on the West Waterford Facebook page they'll probably have something up over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Perfect conditions (aren't they always in Waterford!!) today, a little chilly at the start but grand once we got going.
    Lovely race, started too far back but happy enough with my 75 mins time. Really appreciated the nut free goodie bag, first time ever to be able to eat every thing in the post race bag! Thanks to all involved for a very enjoyable afternoons running.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Ideal weather today, if anything I think a few people were caught with the strong sun on the Cork road after mile 1, considering we've endured bitter winds and battering hailstones in the past anyone could be forgiven for layering up.

Another great start to a season of road races, I was a bit faster than last year which helps but overall I like that route, not too punishing for this time of year :)

Wow...this race has really grown since I last did it in 2012....great atmosphere and support around the town.

Exceptionally well organised from start to finish....is there a better organized event in Ireland I wonder.

Had a great day out...was about three minutes faster than expected so should be nicely set up now for the year. Will write a race report over on my log tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

great event, great weather, fantastic support in places, especially the finish, well done to WWAC on yet another great event

thanks to volunteers and stewards that make these things happen, need to do more training for next one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Only negative was the amount of dog mess on the foot paths (never seen anywhere as bad).

Advertisement