Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Treacy Dungarvan 10 Mile - February 4th 2018 *Transfers Allowed*

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Great event as always. This is a great race. Some spread on afterwards. Thanks to all the volunteers especially the ones long after the runners have gone picking up bottles, gel wrappers etc out in the countryside.

Also is there anything Dungarvan doesn't have. A great town.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Had the pacers instructions to bank plenty time in the first half? The 70min lads were on around 6:45 pace up to 4 miles. Heard similar re 80min pacers. Wouldn't suit if you were planning to run an even pace! Few lads I know hit their targets on a progressive plan, managed negative splits. Hill and wind at the end was a consideration I guess.

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Also heard of a man who was running under a womens number was prevented by a steward from entering the chute at the end of the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Also heard of a man who was running under a womens number was prevented by a steward from entering the chute at the end of the race.

proper order too. He (or the woman who registered initially) was well aware of the rules and there was even a facility to swap numbers through the proper channels so no sympathy for these chancers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Not the only messer, i was running behind a lad wearing a jacket for the first mile then he jumped into a car. He stormed past me just before the finish ...sans jacket of course. Big tall fella, was absolutely sure it was the same person. I wonder what people get out of such behaviour, maybe doing it for a bet?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Supercell wrote: »
    Not the only messer, i was running behind a lad wearing a jacket for the first mile then he jumped into a car. He stormed past me just before the finish ...sans jacket of course. Big tall fella, was absolutely sure it was the same person. I wonder what people get out of such behaviour, maybe doing it for a bet?

What was your finishing time?

As a matter of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Itziger wrote: »
    What was your finishing time?

As a matter of interest.

Official 01:15:24 net and 1:16:15 Gross.
    I started too far back with the 85 min pacers and spent most of the race passing people which is another reason I found it odd that he would suddenly pass me like that out of nowhere. My guess was that he had a bet to finish under 75 mins net.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement