Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Called for an interview this week for a job advertised in August

Options
  • 22-10-2017 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I got an email on Friday from an ETB requesting me to attend for interview for a job that was advertised and for which I applied for in August.

Its a fixed term contract so I'm assuming that someone has probably been in the role as a substitute since end August so am I just wasting my own time attending the interview? Would it be cheeky of I asked the ETB that?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭infor123

Jane98 wrote: »
    Hi,

I got an email on Friday from an ETB requesting me to attend for interview for a job that was advertised and for which I applied for in August.

Its a fixed term contract so I'm assuming that someone has probably been in the role as a substitute since end August so am I just wasting my own time attending the interview? Would it be cheeky of I asked the ETB that?

Thanks.

I would got interview anyway if you don’t have a job atm. ETBs set up panels from interviews and you never know what might come from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Go for it. School I'm in had interviews last week. Girl in situ since Sept didn't get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭derb12

We are currently interviewing for a teaching position where we had someone who started at the end of August but seemed to give up on us after a few weeks. I don't know what happened to her but I assume she got better hours in another school. The principal will probably go back to the pile of applicants from the summer I'd imagine.
    Best of luck!

Advertisement