Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Track Championships

Options
  • 22-10-2017 10:45pm

Surprised there wasn't a thread for these but chapeaus are needed for the two Lydia's for their silver medal result... almost gold in the madison which proved to be a super entertaining race. Beaten by two Elinor's :D

Lead sports news item on the 9 o'clock news too.

Have to say Carlton Kirby is far less annoying when he's commentating track racing and quick to mention Irish riders too and a cheerleader for an indoor velodrome here too it seems, heard him mention it several times on air this week.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

CK drives me mad during the track commentary.

He called every sprint in the points race an intermediate sprint, it made my teeth itchy.

Felix English did well in the omnium too.

nee wrote: »
    CK drives me mad during the track commentary.

He called every sprint in the points race an intermediate sprint, it made my teeth itchy.

Felix English did well in the omnium too.

He did didn't he :D By less annoying I meant filling the air waves with less of his random thoughts and meanderings than for road racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

That was my first time watching a motor paced race, I only caught a bit of it so can someone please explain how it works? How does the motorbike pacer know how fast to go

Whyner wrote: »
    That was my first time watching a motor paced race, I only caught a bit of it so can someone please explain how it works? How does the motorbike pacer know how fast to go

It's essentially the same as a normal scratch, but the riders have a derney.
    The derney riders are almost all former pros, and know exactly how to race! They communicate by shouting,, and visa versa, you can hear more than you think off the back of the derney.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

nee wrote: »
    It's essentially the same as a normal scratch, but the riders have a derney.
    The derney riders are almost all former pros, and know exactly how to race! They communicate by shouting,, and visa versa, you can hear more than you think off the back of the derney.

Cheers, I had it on mute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

The ladies madison final was highly entertaining. Just a pity they had nothing left in the tank for the last effort. Silver is not to be sniffed at though so well done them.

Their body language at the end said it all really, they didn't look like two women unhappy with their days work.

Savage achievement, and well done.

And yet the president of CI days the isn't more than one woman at world class in the country :rolleyes:

Go Lydia's!

Advertisement