Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ben Dunne gyms - security and peace of mind.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

That's just Ben getting a few quid together for Miami based Coke and Hookers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Are the gyms of great value?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Hi op,
    Was a member of Ben Dunne Gym in Blanchardstown myself for many years and common sense really plays a big part. To give you some examples:

- At one point many of the lockers were busted. Some wouldn't be flush (close properly) so you can stick your fingers between the door and frame. Wouldn't take much to silently pull it open. The lockers were weak as it was.
    - But worse yet... some lockers wouldn't even close :pac: You would twist the metal piece upwards so you could slot your lock on. All looked well unless you tugged on it. All too often the door would just open (receiver not getting stopped by nothing) So always go around testing a locker before you settle on one. You see so many do the same.

- Careful putting your lock and key down when getting changed. The ol' switch a roo is a common problem in gyms. That's where you are changing and put you lock/key on the bench. All it takes is someone to switch your lock with theirs. Doesn't help that Ben Dunne gyms would give you and everyone else the exact same lock. So unknowingly you lock your locker and go off only for someone to open it. As you just used their lock. Not yours. Best way to stop this is buy a different lock. Even then get into the habit of opening you lock with key once, even twice, before you place it on your locker.

- I know this is common sense 101 but you would be surprised how many people bring their expensive phone to listen to music when working out. Dont do it. Buy a cheap mp3 player. So if you lose it / break it / get stolen who cares.

- The biggest issue anyone can have is driving to a gym. You have no choice but to bring your car keys to your locker. Sure you can leave that expensive phone and wallet hidden in your car somewhere but, and this might sound funny, but people have been creative. Such as having an empty bottle of protein powder just with your car keys rolled up in socks placed inside.

All common sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If my keys were stolen from the locker, my cars would obviously not be insured.
    Carry the minimum of keys and bring them with you the whole time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Use an old boot bag and throw your water, small towel, wallet and keys into it. keep in beside whatever machine or weight you're using. And in line of sight. Beyond that your socks are replaceable if stolen from locker.

• Advertisement

Be careful OP, you may meet teenage girls and want to...what was it you said before...oh yeah..."fxxx them up the ass".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

never had any problems, few years using that gym, mainly before lunch hours, as not overcrowded . not carrying my phone with me, just mp3 player, and locker key on wrist rubber band all times, never leave locker unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

You sure make a lot of topic's OP.

Advertisement