Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

facebook log in

Options
  • 23-10-2017 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

From over the weekend, I am unable to log into my facebook page...it is asking for ID, I have scanned id in-to send to them, but it is not been accepted.. any ideas? also do facebook have a help desk--re can ring them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

wiggy123 wrote: »
    From over the weekend, I am unable to log into my facebook page...it is asking for ID, I have scanned id in-to send to them, but it is not been accepted.. any ideas? also do facebook have a help desk--re can ring them?

They normally look for passport or sw card as id. But they never get back to you and there is no one to contact as they dont have a phoneline to ring. My account has been blocked for three weeks now even though I have done all they asked, no email back nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

has to have some phone number! mine just stopped, maddening

has to have some phone number! mine just stopped, maddening

It doesnt have a phone number its facebook they can do whatever they want. Its all message their help centre but nothing gets back to you. Check the other internet forums if you dont believe me there are no contact numbers for customers to ring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

I have never heard for Facebook asking for ID to be sent to them?
    Why on earth would that happen?

Here is the post from facebook itself

We do not post a phone number for Facebook support. If you see a phone number for Facebook support, it is a scam. Facebook works collaboratively with other companies affected by this type of problem to increase the effectiveness of our enforcement against the groups that promote these scams. While these groups are persistent and work continuously to spread false information, we have taken down a large number of the sites offering fake support numbers and we will continue to do so. If you are worried about scams on Facebook

• Advertisement

I have never heard for Facebook asking for ID to be sent to them?
    Why on earth would that happen?

They do if they suspect its a fake account or fake name. All facebook accounts are supposed to be in the persons real name. They usually ask if someone has reported the profile or something like that

my username from day 1--was Ciaran G... hense I'd say the reason, but I am trying to ask for help on there help forumn--low and behold, u have to log in, to access that! which I can't

my username from day 1--was Ciaran G... hense I'd say the reason, but I am trying to ask for help on there help forumn--low and behold, u have to log in, to access that! which I can't

Exactly and therein lies the problem no other way to contact them

so what do ya do--set up a new account, which means lose previous details/posts etc.. a mess

so what do ya do--set up a new account, which means lose previous details/posts etc.. a mess

Yep pretty much

• Advertisement

joke... how long u waiting to get it remedied, did it u ever get reply from them...

also, what id did u use?

also, what id did u use?

I been waiting about a month or so. Sent them on passport and sw card. It needs to be photo id and have the name thats on ur facebook account.
    Doesnt matter anyway because they wont get back to you

got through a bit there on it--send email be sent to me shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Wow, this dates back to 2013!

https://www.ghacks.net/2013/10/29/facebook-asking-locked-users-provide-government-id/

"The company notes that data that has been uploaded to Facebook as part of the verification process will be deleted after the verification."

That's nice of them. :rolleyes:

Anyway to reach out to them via Twitter? ( https://twitter.com/facebook )

Their last interaction with other users was the 20th, so they seem "active" enough!

so that the way to go--re twitter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

so that the way to go--re twitter!

Well, sometimes you find you might get a faster response there! I'm biased as it has worked for me in the past by contacting other companies through there instead of playing "email tennis".

cheers

tweeted them there

still having no joy--send off ID few times.. get email back..saying thanks...
    all should be ok, still no joy! farce

• Advertisement

sorted...am back on facebook

sorted...am back on facebook

Did they send you anything to let you know

have u sent in the documents(id) (birth cert/drivers lic) ..they sent me a email back to my gmail.. I replied back numerous times then, say 6 times a day.. also I joined twitter a Monday-tweeted them a few times also.. think pester them! works

Advertisement