Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flight of the Concords

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Beersmith

They added another dublin date. Monday 2nd of April

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

As someone who is a fan I’m actually really surprised that they’re that popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah and €75 tickets on Sun/Mon nights isn't exactly a bandwagon crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Platinum tickets for the first gig are still available at €280 each! That’s mental!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Christmas presents and all that add to it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Anyone have a link to the presale page?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

Beersmith wrote: »
    Anyone have a link to the presale page?

did anyone manage to actually get a presale code? I've requested the code several times and got nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Same actually, requested a couple of times and haven't got anything

It's not up on the Three Presale page either

Edit: it's there now but still have no code - link

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Presale is up but cheapest ticket is 70, I'll wait until tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Grimsvotn

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Platinum tickets for the first gig are still available at €280 each! That’s mental!

What exactly are platinum tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Grimsvotn wrote: »

They are literally just handpicked tickets near the front that people can purchase at higher prices.

Effectively its self-touting as tickets were between 215 and 245. It's a way for people who don't give a toss about money to buy great tickets that are official and way above face value and save scrambling with the general sale.

But there will be no difference or perks between those tickets and the tickets right beside them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I've been told that there were only 200 seats at the lower cost for each night so they are predominantly expensive tickets regardless.
    BaZmO* wrote: »
    Grimsvotn wrote: »

They are usually what corporate types buy to bring out clients, employees or whoever to impress. Gives good seats and access to bars the rest of us cheap seat ticket holders can't access.

They are usually what corporate types buy to bring out clients, employees or whoever to impress. Gives good seats and access to bars the rest of us cheap seat ticket holders can't access.

There's no additional bar access or anything extra than you or I buying a ticket right next to those seats, it's literally just a ticket at a 'market driven' price.

There's no additional bar access or anything extra than you or I buying a ticket right next to those seats, it's literally just a ticket at a 'market driven' price.
    There's premium bars there, for before the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Confused that with something else so. They're in demand tickets directly from the artist.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    There's premium bars there, for before the gig

Yeah but they're not related to those tickets.

Confused that with something else so. They're in demand tickets directly from the artist.

Exactly, it's basically the artist or ticketmaster saying that these will probably sell for x price on the second hand market given demand so let's sell the best seats ourselves at those prices and take it directly.

Whatll happen is they won't sell and they'll be released closer to the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Sold out after 2 minutes, mad ted mad. Anyway got tickets for 70 in the first row of block D so happy day. No sign of those €28 tickets anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Sold out after 2 minutes, mad ted mad. Anyway got tickets for 70 in the first row of block D so happy day. No sign of those €28 tickets anyway

Where were those cheaper tickets meant to be located?

Had a 90 ticket secured and then a 70 one but released them both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

I had 2 €28 tickets in my basket. They were in block p row 39 in the corner. I got to payment details until an error message came up on screen.

• Advertisement

Just did a search at 9:25.
    €86 tickets available on the floor
    €70 tickets available in block C row 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭Wheety

I was just offered block B.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

I have two tickets for the 2nd April. Would anyone want to swap for the 25th March?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

https://twitter.com/EugeneMirman/status/965930379235426304

Eugene Mirman supporting for the Irish Gigs..David O D for England

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

DOD supported them at their last gigs here in the Olympia, so I suppose that's fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Just realized Eugene is Gene from Bob's Burgers - so on that note - I'm happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Post of their Facebook page, Bret broke his fingers so they have to postpone the UK leg of their tour.

I'm on mobile so can't post the link.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Pete Moss wrote: »
    Post of their Facebook page, Bret broke his fingers so they have to postpone the UK leg of their tour.

I'm on mobile so can't post the link.

UK ticket holders got a text to say next week's gigs are cancelled/postponed

There Twitter seems to confirm as much too.

Details on postponement...

http://www.flightoftheconchords.co.nz/2018/03/309/

Hope its postponed here and not just cancelled outright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭EachSmallChime

Just got a text to say it has been postponed and that we will be contacted when new dates are confirmed.

Hopefully this means that our tickets will be valid for the new dates

Advertisement