Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flight of the Concords

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What time did they start and finish up last night folks? Heading up tonight but driving back down after.

Started at 20:57 and ended around 22:40.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

No David O'Doherty last night, pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭Raoul

Was it just longer of the Bob's burger guy? I didn't find him particularly funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 acquiredtaste

Shedite27 wrote: »
    No David O'Doherty last night, pity.

You must have missed him mate, he was the 2nd support. On stage for maybe 20-25mins....too short but gas!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You must have missed him mate, he was the 2nd support. On stage for maybe 20-25mins....too short but gas!

He wasn't there on the saturday night though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 acquiredtaste

Does anyone else think €78 was a bit expensive for tickets? Last gig I went to in the Point was less than 60 and more bang for buck.

Enjoyed the night out but found it a bit underwhelming for what it was. Better the last time I saw them, in the Olympia I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Does anyone else think €78 was a bit expensive for tickets? Last gig I went to in the Point was less than 60 and more bang for buck.

Enjoyed the night out but found it a bit underwhelming for what it was. Better the last time I saw them, in the Olympia I think.
    Yeah for something like FOTC that's so vitally important that you can hear the words clearly, a large arena like that isn't great

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

We somehow got lucky and got the cheap €28 tickets. View was fine, but the sound was far too quiet.

They seemed to be about 5% of the seats though. Think €78+ is a bit steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭Raoul

Yeah for something like FOTC that's so vitally important that you can hear the words clearly, a large arena like that isn't great

I thought it was totally worth the money, the sound in the flat seating was perfect and I smiled from the moment David O'Doherty came on until the moment FOTC got off stage. I was totally whelmed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭jasonb

Gotta agree with this. Loved the gig, but missed some of the lines due to crowd noise. Would have preferred FOTC to be louder so I could hear them better. I had though it was just me getting old! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Was expecting great things for this gig and my expectations were surpassed, they were brilliant. Had me in stitches from beginning to end.
    Some observations though:

- Eugene Mirman really split the crowd. Some were laughing their heads off, most were unfortunately stonefaced throughout.

- I've never seen a busier merchandise stand. They must have cleaned up.

- People's inability to not take a pîss for the show was embarrassing. The amount of people who left towards the end of Bowie for the toilet was ridiculous. The desire of some people to get so loaded at a fully seated gig and need multiple toilet breaks was infuriating.

- No matter how much you ask people not to take photos or record gigs, Irish people won't stop and are determined to take shîtty quality pics or videos.

-FOTC old material was an absolute treat and seeing it live was a pleasure.

-FOTC new material was brilliant and their 'anecdotes' were hysterical. Their stage presence is brilliant despite their softly spoken nature.The self deprecation is as brilliant as it ever was.

-I did think it was an incredible show but they are definitely more suited to a venue like the Olympia where I last saw them. I've been to so many comedy gigs in the 3Arena and very rarely have they suited the venue.

Overall, cracking show. Delighted that I was able to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

People's inability to not take a p for the show was embarrassing. The amount of people who left towards the end of Bowie for the toilet was ridiculous. The desire of some people to get so loaded at a fully seated gig and need multiple toilet breaks was infuriating

YES, this really grated with me too. come on lads and lassies, surely you can hold it in for the duration of the show.

other than that though, i really enjoyed it. DOD was very good, thought bobs burger guy had his moments too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Yet again, it seems that pissheads ruin a gig for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Advertisement