Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debit card due to expire

Options
  • 23-10-2017 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

My debit card is due to expire on November 2017. 

I was told that my new card will arrive 2 weeks before the expiration date. However, I will be moving to a new address on Nov 3rd. 

I requested a change of address and I have been asked of a proof of address which I do not have because I have not moved yet. I will be able to proof my new address a month after I move, i.e. in December, once I pay off my first utility bill... But my card will have be sent to my old address by then and I will not able able to collect it, which will be a waste of time for you and for me because I will need to cancel the new card and request another one (and I will not have a debit card for a few weeks).

Could you please send my new card before Nov 3rd? What is the solution here?

I rang your customer service and they were not helpful, so I hope I can get some help here and I hope you understand my situation.

Thanks in advance,

Alexandra

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi,

I was told that my new card will arrive 2 weeks before the expiration date. However, I will be moving to a new address on Nov 3rd. 

I requested a change of address and I have been asked of a proof of address which I do not have because I have not moved yet. I will be able to proof my new address a month after I move, i.e. in December, once I pay off my first utility bill... But my card will have be sent to my old address by then and I will not able able to collect it, which will be a waste of time for you and for me because I will need to cancel the new card and request another one (and I will not have a debit card for a few weeks).

I rang your customer service and they were not helpful, so I hope I can get some help here and I hope you understand my situation.

Thanks in advance,

Alexandra

Hi Alexandra,

Thanks for getting in contact with us here.

Can I ask if you're set up for 365 online? As there would be an option through 365 online once you have your phone number registered to change your address and receive out a letter from us that would act as a proof of address rather then use a utilities bill.

Thanks again,
    Darren.  

• Registered Users Posts: 5 laflacaale21

Hi,

Thanks in advance,

Alexandra

Hi Alexandra,

Can I ask if you're set up for 365 online? As there would be an option through 365 online once you have your phone number registered to change your address and receive out a letter from us that would act as a proof of address rather then use a utilities bill.

Thanks again,
    Darren.  
    Hi Darren,

Thanks for your prompt response.

I have access to 365 online service and my phone number is set up as well. This means that the letter I get from you posted to my new address can be used as a proof of new address?

Thanks in advance,

Alexandra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi,

Thanks in advance,

Alexandra

Hi Alexandra,

Thanks again,
    Darren.  
    Hi Darren,

Thanks for your prompt response.

I have access to 365 online service and my phone number is set up as well. This means that the letter I get from you posted to my new address can be used as a proof of new address?

Thanks in advance,

Alexandra

Thanks for getting back to me Alexandra.
    Yes, if you click on the "Service Desk" option on your 365 online home page then you'll be given a drop down menu and the first option on this menu is "Update my postal address" once you have selected this and input your updated details a letter will be sent out to the new address and the letter will have a code in it that you can text back to us (the number to text back to0 will also be given in the letter) and this can be accepted as a proof of address and your address should then be changed. 

I hope this is some help.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 laflacaale21

Hi Darren,

I will wait for the letter to arrive then and if I have any more issues, will raise them here.

Many thanks for your help,

Alexandra

Advertisement