Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late Late Toy Show 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,169 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

There was €200 odd plus worth, not a bad haul, perhaps not the best but nothing wrong with it.

*450e plus in vouchers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

barrier86 wrote: »
    Shut up. Please.

So you represent the intelligentsia here? shut up right back at ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭appledrop

Audience definitely got less than other years. Apart from Penneys voucher nothing really else was worth that much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Hoboo wrote: »
    Conor McGregor apparently was hinting online earlier he was gonna show. Why in gods name he thought he'd be wanted/welcome.

I was kinda hoping he would show up when that kid with the bagpipes came on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Anyone see Ewen Mckenna 's latest cry for attention. Absolute weapon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,548 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Arghus wrote: »
    If he suddenly just appeared during the pedal cars section, complete with hoodie over face, shouting "look at that motor, look at that motor" I think I would have pledged my undying love for him, because it'd be the most epic plant and pay-off ever.

But he didn't. So he's a dick

He should have arrived in a fancy suit along with a nice cane like Eubank. He's normally out touting some free suit he's been given, wasted opportunity and lack of respect, I'd turn up in a suit even if I was charged with going for a slash on the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Don't know why people give turbidy hassle.
    He is carrying the show :p

I think he's brilliant tonight. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

And now Mortitia with the weather to scare the kids to bed........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

There was €200 odd plus worth, not a bad haul, perhaps not the best but nothing wrong with it.

The Lego set alone is about €120 odd. That creepy doll is bloody expensive too.
    All in,they probably got about €600-€700 worth of stuff.

darlett wrote: »
    Oh no a ****ing Christmas song.*

*Not necessarily representative of authors view. That show was indeed a feast full of the wonderful, but a greatee injection of Christmas would have improved things still. Never got the under the sea thing.

You’d think they
    Ighthave sung the Octopuses Garden song to keep in with the supposed theme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,356 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Till tomorrow night, all you Chubby Chops!

Merry Christmas!

M

Hope he changes his script sometime.

TV3 show his same gigs most bank holidays :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Merry Christmas to all,see you all next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Shall we continue with city slickers lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,324 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

appledrop wrote: »
    Audience definitely got less than other years. Apart from Penneys voucher nothing really else was worth that much
    150 penny's, 150 tk maxx,a couple of hampers, that massive hot wheels toy, big ninjago boat, the crying doll, prob a couple of other things....I would call that excellent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

appledrop wrote: »

TK maxx voucher for €150 too. Lego set about €125.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I think the audience did very well for themselves - I’d be delighted with that haul to be honest

M

Galway K9 wrote: »
    Shall we continue with city slickers lol

I want to find Curly's gold :D

He is good with the kids.

Absolutely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

never_mind wrote: »
    What happened to the competition?!
    Mayo woman won it, probaby married to a Cork man who texted in ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

appledrop wrote:

The Hot Wheels garage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

The Lego set alone is about €120 odd. That creepy doll is bloody expensive too.
    All in,they probably got about €600-€700 worth of stuff.

150 Pennys, 200 TK Maxx, 150 lidl. Not including the actual toys as you mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

If you ask me, this is the thinking man's City Slickers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Night all

Loved the show tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Highlight was the little lad delighted to see his dad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

gmisk wrote: »
    150 penny's, 150 tk maxx,a couple of hampers, that massive hot wheels toy, big ninjago boat, the crying doll, prob a couple of other things....I would call that excellent!

YOu'd be good at the Generation Game, although you forgot the cuddly toy :D
    I want to find Curly's gold :D

Hmm, EPG says it's City Slickers :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,048 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Sometimes I am Tubs harshest critic, but credit where it's due. That was a great toy show.

Was it my imagination or was there less signing and talent show stuff than last year? Definitely seemed more toy time

pilly wrote: »
    I'm sobbing!

Me too! That little boy was SO thrilled to see his Dad. Obviously really misses him. Listening to his sobs, so sad. Hope Dad will be home for Xmas!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Tubridy seemed somewhat normal this year. Other years he seemed very over stimulated.

• Advertisement

OMG!!! Loved when the dad appeared

Have to say, I was not expecting that. Loved it!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,667 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Can’t believe the celeb guest was some of the Galway hurling team!
    Probably saved RTE 50K and helped boost the lads profiles. Good move as S Club 7, Five, Ed Sheehan etc weren’t missed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Too much singing, not enough toys. Good craic all the same. The army dad home early for the kids was very good.

Some of the comments in this thread about the kids taking part were just uncalled for though.

yop wrote: »
    superb. the poor young lad.

Looked like he would never let go of his Dad! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Keep your holiday to Legoland.

How about all the audience forgoing their "gifts" to the girl who is homeless?

How about RTÉ giving up their ad revenue on tonight's show and giving it to build their family a house?

How about Ryan Tubridy forgoing a large portion of his gargantuan salary to builed a house for the homeless girl's family?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

UORs7XG.gif

• Advertisement
    M

ted1 wrote: »
    Probably saved RTE 50K and helped boost the lads profiles. Good move as S Club 7, Five, Ed Sheehan etc weren’t missed

Ah here, S Club 7, what's not to like ;)...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭LewisR

How about RTgiving up their ad revenue on tonight's show and giving it to build their family a house?

How about Ryan Tubridy forgoing a large portion of his gargantuan salary to builed a house for the homeless girl's family?
    Why should they?

Why should they?

Why should he?

How about our government start taking responsibility?

How about RTÉ giving up their ad revenue on tonight's show and giving it to build their family a house?

How about you give them everything you got??? This isn’t the politics forum.

Sacrifice? They go off to get the 15 grand bonus

Think Ryan was talking about the family missing him! :(

yop wrote: »
    Well done for that. Have to say with all the messing they have done good with the surprises and highlights of the kids with disabilities.

Hats off to RTE for it.

I agree! Very good show!! So many cynics on here tonight!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

That was the best ever. I love seeing families reunited.

But I need to go get a tissue now

Needed one myself!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭Guffy

Hoboo wrote: »
    The speed of this thread must be a world record

You've obviously never been to the werewolf forum.

gabsdot40 wrote: »
    Oh wow. The feels. That was an amazing thing to do for that family. Beautiful.

+100!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

LewisR wrote: »
    Why should they?

Why should they?

Why should he?

But, that is the insinuation to the general public?

It was a big attempt to tug on the heartstrings and yet in reality we had this circus on tonight that is generating huge income for RTÉ, Audience figures are growing every year. It gets the most eyeballs, generates the most ad revenue.

How about RTÉ donating that money to charity. Why is there a massive disconnect between TV and real life?

The general public are already paying tax and most donate/help with charity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

It was a big attempt to tug on the heartstrings and yet in reality we had this circus on tonight that is generating huge income for RTÉ, Audience figures are growing every year. It gets the most eyeballs, generates the most ad revenue.

How about RTÉ donating that money to charity. Why is there a massive disconnect between TV and real life?

Rte cannot donate the money to charity. It's basically paid advertising for the companies involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Roll on next year's toy show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

house45 wrote: »
    No Dustin ???? Wtf

Dustin hasn't been on it in years!

Carroller wrote: »
    Whatever about people's opinions on the army whether it be they are "paid charity workers" , "going for an extra 15 grand" or "do nothing". It's a big choice to leave your family for 6-12 months especially with young kids. You could see the youngest daughter barely knew what to do he's probably been gone that long. Fair play great moment on Irish tv for me

Spot on! It was a fantastic moment. The little boy, being the eldest, obviously has more memories of his father and clearly has missed him. It was so
    moving listening to his sobs as he clung to his father. The little girls were not as excited to see him, especially the youngest, as she did not seem to
    react at all. Was not expecting it, to be honest - best moment of the night for me! :)

LewisR wrote: »
    Why should they?

Why should they?

Why should he?

They are funded by licence fees and can’t be seen to giving money to charities that’s not what licence fees are for.
    The toys are donated to charity ( by Smyths and Ken Black) the holiday was provided by Aer lingus and Legoland.

There’s not much if a disconnect it was watched by about a million people from their own Homes. Most if these people will have put their hand in their pocket over the year and donated to charity. The viewers sat down to watch the toy show and not Children in need.

Life doesn’t revolve around the homeless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,205 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

branie2 wrote: »
    I liked the book reviewers. They were very smart.

That little girl Molly was over the moon with her present and to hear she would spend the day as a zoologist.

• Advertisement
Advertisement