Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ronald Koeman sacked by Everton

• 23-10-2017 1:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Koeman has been fired by Everton

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

No surprise, they have been abysmal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/10/23/koeman

Everton Football Club can confirm that Ronald Koeman has left the Club.

Chairman Bill Kenwright, the Board of Directors and Major Shareholder Farhad Moshiri would all like to express their gratitude to Ronald for the service he has given to the Club over the past 16 months and for guiding the Club to seventh place in last season’s Premier League campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Ancelloti or Moyes for the job,that is the question.

• Ancelloti would be a huge scoop IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Ancelloti said he is taking a year out and there is no way he would take the job anyway. Moyes would be a step backwards so not sure who they would target, I hear bilic maybe available soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Wagner, Dyche, Howe? Maybe Micheal O'Neill? Chris Coleman?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If it wasnt for Rodgers link with Liverpool FC, thats who I'd go for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Ancelloti said he is taking a year out and there is no way he would take the job anyway. Moyes would be a step backwards so not sure who they would target, I hear bilic maybe available soon

Bilic? pmsl

lawred2 wrote: »
    Bilic? pmsl

Yeah it was meant as a joke but he is an ex everton player

• Has Coleman stated clearly if he want's to stay at Wales?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

They'll go British. Howe id say and someone who I think deserves a bigger job like this is Pulis, he really can't take west Brom any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

I’d be amazed if Everton got Ancelotti but they should start at that level and work down. I’d be gutted if they go for a British manager.

rob316 wrote: »
    They'll go British. Howe id say and someone who I think deserves a bigger job like this is Pulis, he really can't take west Brom any further.

Pulis could right the ship and get them playing effectively, but no way would he be a long term option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

or Unsworth or Hughes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

No way does Pulis deserve a job like this.....he plays horrible football, his teams get to 42 points and they stop playing.

As a Liverpool fan, I would be delighted if he got the job, but as a football fan, no way to Pulis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If it wasnt for Rodgers link with Liverpool FC, thats who I'd go for.

Would that be an issue? I guess it could turn out like Benetiz at Chelsea where he was never really accepted by the fans. If Rogers hit the ground running I don't believe there'd be a problem.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Has Coleman stated clearly if he want's to stay at Wales?

He said this would be his last campaign with wales

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Unsworth to take over till the summer and Ancelloti comes in then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Has Coleman stated clearly if he want's to stay at Wales?

He said he'd discuss it with his family after they lost the WC qualifications.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Unsworth to take over till the summer and Ancelloti comes in then

nah - I'd prefer them to give Unsworth a real chance to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Mark Hughes would be a good shout too another manager who has done all he can at stoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The need someone to get the best out of the players that they spent all that money on this summer. Lots of creative, attacking midfielders, with no obvious pace or target-man up front.

Brendan Rodgers wouldn't be a bad shout at all in that.

• Harry Redknapp is making a few phone calls I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Sean dyche would be a good man for Everton to get whether he would leave Burnley mid season is another thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Mark Hughes would be a good shout too another manager who has done all he can at stoke.

He is close to been sacked at stoke!
    Hasnt improved them imo at all.

I did say in the Everton thread they should blow their load on Ancelotti and try get him in.

At this rate, top 4 is gone, in truth, they were never in for it, but top 6 could have been a realistic goal at the start of the season and again, at this stgae, you'd feel it could be beyond them.

Koeman and, or the board wasted an awful lot of the Lukaku money on a player that was nearly 29 and they didnt really need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

People are seriously suggesting Moyes for this? ****ing hell. :pac:

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Would that be an issue? I guess it could turn out like Benetiz at Chelsea where he was never really accepted by the fans. If Rogers hit the ground running I don't believe there'd be a problem.

I'd say if Celtic were out of Europe all together he could be tempted, I cant see him staying long term in Scotland with little domestic challenge and no hope in Europe every year.

He'll fancy a tilt down south again at some stage, IMO.

Give it to rooney sure once a blue always a blue 😜

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

This one smells of Allardyce imo. Carlo ain't going there, he's the best available option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Coleman has to be in with a good shout given he's on the market right now. Dyche is due a step up soon but would he risk going to Everton when he's got a Burnley side going well and settled? Rodgers again could be an option but what's the point? I know the spl is crap but at least he's winning it and playing CL football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It'll be Dyche by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Harry Redknapp is making a few phone calls I'd say

If you’re being serious, there isn’t a hope Redknapp (if he does manage again) will work outside London.

Paully D wrote: »
    It'll be Dyche by the way.

I dunno. Would dyche take it now and risk taking over a really unbalanced squad and ruining his reputation, or waiting at Burnley in the hope a similar job with better prospects comes in the summer?

Would Everton fans even want him? If he doesn't have them on board it'll be a hiding to nothing.

• Marco Silva would be a perfect fit to change the tactical approach given the squad available is actually good on paper.
    But would need big money to pry him from Watford.
    I highly rate him.

• Advertisement

Marco Silva would be a perfect fit to change the tactical approach given the squad available is actually good on paper.
    But would need big money to pry him from Watford.
    I highly rate him.

The squad contains good players but some gaping holes have appeared.

Like dyche would they want to run the risk? Silva being foreign stands to lose less by gambling. The fans would probably take to Silva quicker too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Hard to feel any sympathy for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Dyche would be a perfect fit for Everton. Moysie V2.0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Firstly, I think that Koeman might end up at West Ham in the not so distant future. West Ham have Spurs away midweek and Palace away at the weekend. Could be curtains for Bilic if they lose both of them.
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    If Rogers hit the ground running I don't believe there'd be a problem.

Everton fans would warm to him or Rafa for that matter, if he was successful but I can't see him leaving tic. BR has CL football at the moment, will probably have Europa league football after Christmas and will probably win the league this year.
    Rekop dog wrote: »
    This one smells of Allardyce imo. Carlo ain't going there, he's the best available option.

Carlo would be a massive win for them but I can't see it happening. Can't see Everton fans warming to Allardyce even though he'd do a really good job with them. I think that Unsworth will get the job the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Three wins in the last 21 games.

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I did say in the Everton thread they should blow their load on Ancelotti and try get him in.

At this rate, top 4 is gone, in truth, they were never in for it, but top 6 could have been a realistic goal at the start of the season and again, at this stgae, you'd feel it could be beyond them.

Koeman and, or the board wasted an awful lot of the Lukaku money on a player that was nearly 29 and they didnt really need.

I think Ancellotti would be a terrible appointment for them. I don't think he is the right fit for a club that is trying to build a team over a couple of phases and break the top of the table.

I think he is good at coaching top level players to perform in the big games, but i'm not convinced he is good at building something from basically scratch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Where's the fun in Everton for Carlo. 6th is the height of their realistic ambitions. Hard to see him getting excited for such a boring project.

He'll take Milan or possibly a high profile international job soon imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I said in another thread before the start of the season that Barkley would outlast Koeman at Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Delighted to see the back of koeman. Has dragged us to a new low this season. Team is a mess and showing no signs of improvement. He's bought poorly and over paid for most of them.

I'd go for unsworth myself.

Wagner is in the frame to replace him apparently

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Wagner is in the frame to replace him apparently

Wouldn't have thought that he'd be on for leaving Huddersfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

If I were an Everton fan I'd want them to push the boat out and go for broke with someone like Ancelottie.
    Dyche would be the next best option. I don't see why they'd go for Hughes or Moyes though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

There is as much chance of me getting the Everton job as there is of Carlo taking it.

Don't be talking shyte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Everton are rich and ambitious now, they'll get a serious manager, probably not British.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

samz.jpg

Only one man for the job and that's Relegation Batman himself, Big Sam.

Surprised nobody has mentioned Louis Van Gal. Odds are pretty short for him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement