Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bug with wifi calling - Keep getting activation message

Options
  • 23-10-2017 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have been using wifi calling without issue until recently. 

Since iOS 11 - I keeping getting the iMessage activation message on my iPhone. 
    I click ok ... (get charged the 14c) ... and it pops back 24 hours later. 

I have seen that other Eir/Meteor iPhone customers are having the same issue. 

I am chasing Apple on this ... but my guess is that it is something to do with carrier settings/wifi calling.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention - when I turn off wifi calling - the issue goes away. Unfortunately I live in a poor reception area - and wifi calling has been an selling point of Meteor/Eir. 

Also are there any plans to work on the the handover feature of wifi calling? Where you can leave wifi and not have a call drop?

Thanks,
    Keith. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I am chasing Apple on this ... but my guess is that it is something to do with carrier settings/wifi calling.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention - when I turn off wifi calling - the issue goes away. Unfortunately I live in a poor reception area - and wifi calling has been an selling point of Meteor/Eir.

Also are there any plans to work on the the handover feature of wifi calling? Where you can leave wifi and not have a call drop?

Thanks,
    Keith.
    Hi Keith_d99,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today.

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your wifi calling service. We have a few customers on advising of the same issue.

We have our tech team investigating this at present. As soon as we have an update we will contact you back.

Apologies for all inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for this. 

What advice have you been giving customers - to turn off wifi calling until this is fixed?
    Are you refunding the activation texts?

This has been an issue since September ... is there any rough timeline when we might have a resolution?

Thanks!
    Keith. 

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for this. 

What advice have you been giving customers - to turn off wifi calling until this is fixed?
    Are you refunding the activation texts?

This has been an issue since September ... is there any rough timeline when we might have a resolution?

Thanks!
    Keith. 
    I understand your frustration with this. 

I've checked with our tech team and they've confirmed that this issue is still being investigated and we have no timeframe on this as of yet. As soon as we hear back we will come back to you. Once we have the issues resolved we can advise further.

Apologies for all delays and inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Evil Al

Having the same issue. I am being charged for a text to the UK every day to activate. How do I get these refunded?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Evil Al wrote: »
    Having the same issue. I am being charged for a text to the UK every day to activate. How do I get these refunded?
    Hi Evil Al,

At this time we can't advise on this. Once this issue is resolved we will have more information for you.

- Adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi Evil Al,

At this time we can't advise on this. Once this issue is resolved we will have more information for you.

- Adam

Hi Adam,

This is an issue since September.
    It’s bad enough that the issue has still not been resolved - but you are continuing to charge your customers for a “bug”?!

Meteor/Eir have no problems advertising WiFi calling in your tv ads as a feature of your network.

The truth is the feature is does not work. And Eir/Meteor are charging for the bug and offering no path to refund the activation texts. Look at this thread ... the issue of refunding is side-stepped or to be more accurate completely ignored each time it’s asked.

Poor customer service full stop.

Btw - some feedback for your “technical” team. Apple released a major iOS (11.1) update on Tuesday and the issue still exists.

Hi Evil Al,

- Adam

Hi Adam,

It’s bad enough that the issue has still not been resolved - but you are continuing to charge your customers for a “bug”?!

Meteor/Eir have no problems advertising WiFi calling in your tv ads as a feature of your network.

The truth is the feature is does not work. And Eir/Meteor are charging for the bug and offering no path to refund the activation texts. Look at this thread ... the issue of refunding is side-stepped or to be more accurate completely ignored each time it’s asked.

Btw - some feedback for your “technical” team. Apple released a major iOS (11.1) update on Tuesday and the issue still exists.
    I completely understand your frustration with this and I'm sorry for the delays incurred. 

The tech team are still investigating this, once we have an update we will come back to you.  When the issue is resolved we can advise further on this. 

Apologies for the delays incurred and all inconvenience caused. 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 16 andrewmurphy

Hi Evil Al,

- Adam

Hi Adam,

I completely understand your frustration with this and I'm sorry for the delays incurred. 

The tech team are still investigating this, once we have an update we will come back to you.  When the issue is resolved we can advise further on this. 

Apologies for the delays incurred and all inconvenience caused. 

Thanks

Tracey 
    Has this problem been rectified?? 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Hi there,

Thanks,
    Keith. 
    I have not got the issue with activating imessage works fine for me on eir - Iphone 8, ios 11.2.2

The bit in bold though drives me mental - Arrive home on the phone and call drops when it connects to the wifi or vice versa leave the wifi range and have to hang up and call back.

Advertisement