Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Step from Comreg

Options
  • 23-10-2017 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,

This is my last resort in trying to deal with this as speaking to Eir customer support is getting me nowhere.

On August 22nd I had Eir broadband and phone activated in a house I had just purchased. Realising there was a FUP in play on the fibre broadband and that Sky were offering a better deal I applied for and moved to Sky as of August the 29th. All inside of the two week cooling off period.

Everything went fine up until the middle of September when I got a message saying I owed money for early temrination and this has continued rougly every fortnight since. The valuations are never consistent either as it started at €60, then €250 and the latest one I have had today is €110.

On each occasion I have spoken to Eir's customer support only to be told that this was indeed a mistake and that it would be written off and I wouldn't hear from them again. Speaking to them is immensely frustrating as I was told that one department needs to pass me to another as their "systems aren't linked together yet" and on multiple occasions this lead to the person from the other department hanging up on me without speaking.

The last time this happened I got the "Customer Service Executive" to write me an email to me which says and I quote "This is confirmation that I have disputed the ECC’s that you were incorrectly charged off your account" but that still hasn't stopped Eir sending out more messages.

As a last resort I am appealing for help from the Eir team here to resolve this or I will be reporting the continued harassmend to Comreg as I currently have no idea what this is doing to my credit rating.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hello,

This is my last resort in trying to deal with this as speaking to Eir customer support is getting me nowhere.

On August 22nd I had Eir broadband and phone activated in a house I had just purchased. Realising there was a FUP in play on the fibre broadband and that Sky were offering a better deal I applied for and moved to Sky as of August the 29th. All inside of the two week cooling off period.

Everything went fine up until the middle of September when I got a message saying I owed money for early temrination and this has continued rougly every fortnight since. The valuations are never consistent either as it started at €60, then €250 and the latest one I have had today is €110.

On each occasion I have spoken to Eir's customer support only to be told that this was indeed a mistake and that it would be written off and I wouldn't hear from them again. Speaking to them is immensely frustrating as I was told that one department needs to pass me to another as their "systems aren't linked together yet" and on multiple occasions this lead to the person from the other department hanging up on me without speaking.

The last time this happened I got the "Customer Service Executive" to write me an email to me which says and I quote "This is confirmation that I have disputed the ECC’s that you were incorrectly charged off your account" but that still hasn't stopped Eir sending out more messages.

As a last resort I am appealing for help from the Eir team here to resolve this or I will be reporting the continued harassmend to Comreg as I currently have no idea what this is doing to my credit rating.

Thanks
    Hi RandomUserProf,

I am very sorry to hear of the issues you're having with your old account. Can you send me your account number and full name in a PM so I can take a look into this for you please?

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

Wasting your time contacting comreg, I can give your their reply now. "We cannot intervene in individual cases" or some such tosh. However install an American phone in your house and they will be knocking on your door lickety split on behalf of whatever ISP complained about interference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RandomUserProf

Wasting your time contacting comreg, I can give your their reply now. "We cannot intervene in individual cases" or some such tosh. However install an American phone in your house and they will be knocking on your door lickety split on behalf of whatever ISP complained about interference.

You may well be right but in this instance I can only say that Adam has been a big help. I'm not going to say it's completely dealt with as I've been at this point with Eir on three separate occasions in the past but I can't fault Adam's promptness and manner in helping me out with this issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

You may well be right but in this instance I can only say that Adam has been a big help. I'm not going to say it's completely dealt with as I've been at this point with Eir on three separate occasions in the past but I can't fault Adam's promptness and manner in helping me out with this issue.
    Thanks for this feedback RandomUserProf, I'll be sure to pass this onto Adam :)

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement