Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best gym for weight loss in Clonmel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

I'm a big fan of what B2A do (that said I went to a different branch). It's hard work but it works really well.

Are you male or female OP?

There's a 'Curves' gym in Clonmel, which is only for women, and is specifically aimed at ladies who want to shed some extra weight. It might be more useful than a 'general purpose' gym, since the instructors are trained specifically in relation to weight loss, as opposed to other gyms where the focus/ training might tend to be on strength and conditioning.

I have a friend in B2A and he speaks very well of it, if you're male. Although there is no male equivalent of 'Curves'.

I'm sure your GP could also point you in the direction of a properly-accredited dietician too, which ought to help. You might not even need to join a gym, so it could potentially save you money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Are you male or female OP?

I'm sure your GP could also point you in the direction of a properly-accredited dietician too, which ought to help. You might not even need to join a gym, so it could potentially save you money.

And that’s the nugget right there! Your diet. You (all of us) need a realist diet one can comply with. This Rosanna Davison stuff isn’t an option for regular people.

Excercise wise, I’d get out on the bypass or the racetrack and take it from there. I’d seriously consider one of those weights circuits you can doo at home.

Personally, I hate gyms. Better off with a buddy walking or running. HIIT is what you want. Though weight bearing excercise is the way to go

You’ve to walk before you can run!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Agree with the last poster. It’s 80/20 diet/exercise in terms of importance if you are looking to lose weight. Many people who work out vigorously several tomes a week still struggle with their weight because they simply eat too much bad food and probably add alcohol on top of it.

20-30 minutes of brisk walking a day and a sensible diet should see great results. A bit of resistance training would help a lot but it isn’t totally necessary.

Advertisement