Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Boards.ie on Mac (All Browsers)

Options
  • 23-10-2017 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Recently while using boards.ie on Mac, when I hit My Threads. They no longer appear bold when unread? I am logged in. It is working fine on android mobile chrome browser.

Tried clearing the cache but no use.

Any idea how I could fix this?

Thanks,

James

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Post moved from Feedback to the Help Desk

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Recently while using boards.ie on Mac, when I hit My Threads. They no longer appear bold when unread? I am logged in. It is working fine on android mobile chrome browser.

Tried clearing the cache but no use.

Any idea how I could fix this?

Thanks,

James

Hi James,

Which version of the site are you using? Do you have a screenshot by any chance; we tried to replicate it here, but all working fine with unread threads with new posts for us, I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Hi James,

Which version of the site are you using? Do you have a screenshot by any chance; we tried to replicate it here, but all working fine with unread threads with new posts for us, I'm afraid.

Sure, here it is and I am logged in. I definitely have about 4/5 unread threads as I can see on mobile.

Boards.ie Employee

Sure, here it is and I am logged in. I definitely have about 4/5 unread threads as I can see on mobile.

That's an unusual one. We'll try to take a look, but we'll need to be able to replicate it to come up with some solution. If you use a different browser on Mac, does it appear correctly? Do posts further down the list of Followed Threads appear unread?

That's an unusual one. We'll try to take a look, but we'll need to be able to replicate it to come up with some solution. If you use a different browser on Mac, does it appear correctly? Do posts further down the list of Followed Threads appear unread?

Different browsers and still face the same issue. No threads appear unread :/

• Advertisement

Different browsers and still face the same issue. No threads appear unread :/

Is it appearing as normal on your Mac?

It is working fine on Safari just not on Chrome or Chrome Canary?

Can you please resolve this issue if possible. I have also cleared all data, reset settings to default and logged in and out.

Boards.ie Employee

Unfortunately, unless we can replicate it or get other people reporting the same issue and can find common factors, there isn't much that we can do about this. Sorry about that, but hopefully more evidence will come to the fore that will help us work out what's happening.

Unfortunately, unless we can replicate it or get other people reporting the same issue and can find common factors, there isn't much that we can do about this. Sorry about that, but hopefully more evidence will come to the fore that will help us work out what's happening.

Is there any update here? I can send over additional screenshots if needed!

Advertisement