Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Male Cyclist Down Dublin City Center

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭barrier86

I passed Gardner street after it happened. At first i thought it was a shooting due to the number of police cars at the scene and sirens heading toward the scene.

Fingers crossed she's alright

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,422 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The report now is it's a male cyclist who is not badly hurt, but the female pedestrian is reported as seriously injured. Hopefully she will make a full and rapid recovery

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

Indo article has since been changed to say the cyclist was a male in his 20s, and that the collision was between him and a female pedestrian, and she is the one in a critical condition. Journal.ie says the cyclist was female, but that it was still the pedestrian that came off worse. Wording on the independent of 2 women being taken to hospital and no mention of the fate of a male makes me think the journal is correct, especially since the original Indo wording stated the cyclist had been struck by a car, so could still be inaccurate.

Here's hoping both of them recover in any case :(

EDIT: Journal has since been updated to say a male cyclist in his 20s, and a female pedestrian, and that the Gardai misstated it originally. Above sentiments for a speedy recovery to both still apply, obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Not a good junction for a collision at all. Hope all involved make a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Speedy recovery to who ever is down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,832 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Don't read the Journal.ie comments! (ever)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,598 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

mod note - i've changed the thread title to reflect the current info. as always - no speculation regarding cause or blame please!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

<SNIP>

Best wishes and a speedy recovery to all involved

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Folks, a woman was critically injured. This is not the time and the place for some of the stuff we've had so far. Let's reserve this thread for best wishes to all involved.

Thank you

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,598 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it's being reported that the injuries were suffered when the pedestrian and cyclist clashed heads; the pedestrian is still critically ill

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/woman-critically-ill-after-clash-of-heads-with-cyclist-in-dublin-crash-1.3267074

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,959 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

it's being reported that the injuries were suffered when the pedestrian and cyclist clashed heads; the pedestrian is still critically ill

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/woman-critically-ill-after-clash-of-heads-with-cyclist-in-dublin-crash-1.3267074

Something similar happened a good friend of mine luckily he is okayish. Hope the pesidtrian pulls through okay. Also hope the cyclist is okay also

Advertisement