Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horseshoe crafts

• 23-10-2017 7:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've been making some horseshoe craft stuff over the last while, wine racks, coat hooks, iPad stands, letter openers.. that kinda jazz. And I have some horse owning friends who need Christmas gifts.

I was thinking it would be cool to make something kinda functional like a hoof pick or something from a used shoe but I don't really know anything about yard/riding practicalities and I don't want to spoil the surprise by asking them.

If you were to get a quirky but practical piece of metal, what would you like it be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭TheFarrier

Hood picks work well, I've made a few and given them to customers as a sneaky reminder to pay more attention to their horses feet.

Pinched this example off of google

Racks for hanging jackets, bridles, headcollar, forks shovels and brushes are handy too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I love that hoof pick! I'm a stickler for them though, always have 3-4 about. Kinda cool that its gotten a second use after its original one, and they are both related!

Advertisement