Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Todd’s Bow/Cruises St./Denmark St. Assaults

• 23-10-2017 9:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

It’s been reported on The Leader website a few times in the last few weeks of gangs of youths assaulting random passers by in the late hours of the night and early hours of the morning.

I even witnessed one myself and I along with another group of people managed to scare off two would be muggers before they could take the man’s wallet. Unfortunately, they did manage to break his nose.

Apparently a pregnant woman and her fiancé were assaulted at the weekend.

Many have cited the fact that little or no Gardaí are present on the streets at night to deter such violence. While this is true, if the culprits are 15 and under, and apparently some of them are, they can’t be arrested or charged, just a warning given to their parents. I think we all know how most of that would end.

Anyway, just a warning should you be walking close to those areas. Be careful.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

They're probably taking the 302 in from the Old Cratloe Road.

As a matter of interest, what did you do when you scared off the "two would be muggers" - did you call the Gardaí, did they come, what did they do/say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Irish Wolf wrote: »
    They're probably taking the 302 in from the Old Cratloe Road.

As a matter of interest, what did you do when you scared off the "two would be muggers" - did you call the Gardaí, did they come, what did they do/say?

We didn’t call them, we left it up to the victim who insisted he didn’t want them called. However, we took him down to McDonalds who sadly seem to used to this type of thing, and they called the Gardaí after persuading him it was the best course of action.

And being an eye witness, you waited around to talk to the Gardaí, of course. Did they come, what did they do/say?

And being an eye witness, you waited around to talk to the Gardaí, of course. Did they come, what did they do/say?

Didn’t stay, other group that was there stayed around alright and said they would wait, and also help him get medical attention

But you've obviously contacted the Gardaí to let them know you were an eye witness to a beating, possible mugging? What did they do/say?

• Advertisement

But you've obviously contacted the Gardaí to let them know you were an eye witness to a beating, possible mugging? What did they do/say?

I contacted Superman but he wasn’t available, there was no Marvel Superheroes answering either.

“Obviously”

Ah yeah, they're probably waiting on the monorail.

Well done on posting on boards. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Feel like I've stepped into the middle of something here....

Ah yeah, they're probably waiting on the monorail.

Well done on posting on boards. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don’t know but I’d say about 7

PetKing wrote: »
    Feel like I've stepped into the middle of something here....

I know what you mean. I met oddity with oddity when I kept getting the “obviously” statements and questions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Well done OP you did a very decent thing most people would walk away.

No idea why your getting grief for helping people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Guards too busy manning checkpoints these days. No money in assaults.

You have never witnessed anything like this in your life, have you? If I had to wait around for gardaí for the amount of ****e I've seen happen or even been involved in over the last 10 years I'd still be waiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

what kinda ****e ?

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

what kinda ****e ?

Go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

This thread is a mess..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Typical round these parts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭riverrocked

I've waited around for the gardaí after one particularly unprompted assault that I witnessed on a stranger, as soon as they heard the young lad was from Moyross they just rolled their eyes and closed their notebooks. I gave them my report as a sober independent witness but was never contacted again. Would I wait around for the gardaí again? I am not 100% sure that I would.

Advertisement