Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I cured ?

Options
  • 23-10-2017 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi all-

After many failed attempts to dry out, last year to the day i put down the glass. Im not complaining of course but im so curious as to why and how i did it this time. I won't say it was easy but i did it. My dad died of alcolol two years ago. I drank solid myself for the year then one day just stopped. Fineto. Im afraid to over think it or analyse it. I didn't go to meetings. Im not religious or spiritual but it feels like my addiction has been lifted.

Have i gone soft in the head?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Congratulations!!!

Be proud of yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

No you haven't. I did the same - had an alcoholic parent who had managed to quit but the fear was always in me that I'd end up dependent. I loved alcohol and the buzz I got from it. But it came down to hating the after effects more. I feel freedom from it, from thinking about it, from debating the good and the bad emotions caused by it. I really don't miss it. It was hard at first getting through Christmas, a parents death, but almost a year on I am relieved. Fair play to you.

Advertisement