Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this bad of my school ?

Options
  • 23-10-2017 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I went in to school today with my friend. (We are both ty students). This week is the outdoor adventure week so all of our year was gone except for us so basically it was just the two of us in school. When we went in to school we were planning on working on competition entries such as the bt young scientists Etc. With the help from teachers if they had free classes but when we went in and asked where to go for the day we were told to go home. I feel that the vice principal was very hostile towards us and treated the fact that we wanted to work in school a nuisance. Was it bad of the school to do this to us? We were in school for 15 minutes and then told to leave.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Most likely insurance issues if you are unsupervised and to supervise you teachers would have to be pulled from other duties or make them give up their free time with no notice.

Did you arrange any of this before hand? You can't expect them to be able to support it with no notice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They are not covered by insurance to have you in the school when your class are out. It would have been slightly more than 'a nuisance' to the VP.

Is there a reason you and your friend didn't do what the rest of the TY class were doing?

Advertisement