Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2018 Season Ticket

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Renewals up now and deadline is Midnight Thursday 30th November.

Did you get an email about the deadline?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Oldtree wrote: »
    Did you get an email about the deadline?

Yeah email went out this morning.
    GAA wrote:
    Due to huge demand the deadline for the renewal of your season ticket(s) is MIDNIGHT ON THURSDAY NOVEMBER 30TH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,869 ✭✭✭statto25

OK good. I'd hate to miss out on my jacket or this years gift, a carryon suitcase!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭howiya

statto25 wrote: »
    OK good. I'd hate to miss out on my jacket or this years gift, a carryon suitcase!

Handy for the trips to Ruislip/New York ;)

The carryon suitcase was last years gift. Might get a "Fleg" this year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Can deffo buy a Club+

431496.jpg

Sorry for the misinformation my friend,I was not offered that option.:)

seligehgit wrote: »
    Sorry for the misinformation my friend,I was not offered that option.:)

The option wasn't there for another poster earlier today either, but then the option appeared. Maby just a slowness in the system updating. Have another go if you want the club+ and havn't renewed yet. ;)

The option is there on both my phone and pc.

The option wasn't there for another poster earlier today either, but then the option appeared. Maby just a slowness in the system updating. Have another go if you want the club+ and havn't renewed yet. ;)

The option is there on both my phone and pc.

Ah we've already renewed and happy out with the standard season ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Can deffo buy a Club+

431496.jpg

Are they posting the season tickets from China? Charging €3 postage, again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

They better be planning to end world hunger with that €3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Lot of changes to the T&C's too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

mayo.mick wrote: »

Go on............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Concerning hurling season tickets..

You get the opening two fixtures free of charge next year in the provincial championships, just saw it in the Ts&C. Fairly pointless upping the price, it'll likely be €20 to get into the second match anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,908 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Lots of conditions anyhow !
    http://www.gaa.ie/mm/Document/GaaIe/Tickets/15/06/69/GAASeasonTicket2018_TermsConditions_Neutral.pdf

I don’t have the old one as a reference but is one of the new conditions that for games with allocated seats you have to present the season ticket plus the printed ticket?

For hurling they get the first 2 championship games. By rights that should also be the case for football seeing as every county has a provincial game and then a qualifier or subsequent provincial game.

There’s a load of stuff about abusing the ticket and anyone asking to scan a bunch of tickets having them confiscated, but wasn’t that there before and never enforced?

km79 wrote: »

Go on............

Not sure if this was there last year but...

"In the event that a Credit Card or Debit Card payment fails for a Pay & Play fixture this fixture will automatically become an “Opt Out” (see points 12 – 22). If there is a subsequent failed payment after all “Opt Outs” have been used, the GAA Season Ticket in question will be cancelled."

Very nasty imo. I had a failed payment last year after my bank card expired (Spotify/Netflix got taken automatically with my new card so presumed my ST would too), only realised the night before the game, don't think it counted as an opt out. Gonna be very careful with that next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

http://www.gaa.ie/mm/Document/GaaIe/Tickets/15/06/69/GAASeasonTicket2018_TermsConditions_Neutral.pdf

I don’t have the old one as a reference but is one of the new conditions that for games with allocated seats you have to present the season ticket plus the printed ticket?

For hurling they get the first 2 championship games. By rights that should also be the case for football seeing as every county has a provincial game and then a qualifier or subsequent provincial game.

There’s a load of stuff about abusing the ticket and anyone asking to scan a bunch of tickets having them confiscated, but wasn’t that there before and never enforced?

2017 T&C's here, http://mayoclub51.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/GAA-Season-Ticket-2017_Terms-Conditions.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭FCIM

So for whatever reason I haven't that option. I would give them a shout on it but I don't want to spoil it for anyone else.

It only gives me the option of Kilkenny ticket and Kilkenny club. I did have a club+ so it makes sense that that is what is up for renewal but I'm in the comfy position of being able to drop it if I wanted and easily get a Kilkenny only one. Odd that some are getting the offer of both but maybe contact them anonymously at first to see if anything can be done and hopefully you get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Where does it state the closing date for renewals is?

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭FCIM

Football in general would provide more league matches so that might be the argument. Most hurling counties get six league matches, football means at least seven. I think the season ticket should be more generous for both codes but that's probably the thinking.
    decies wrote: »
    So the price has gone up €20 but we still only get one championship game despite more hurling games in munster 🙄

Two hurling matches are included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

[quote=

"In the event that a Credit Card or Debit Card payment fails for a Pay & Play fixture this fixture will automatically become an “Opt Out” (see points 12 – 22). If there is a subsequent failed payment after all “Opt Outs” have been used, the GAA Season Ticket in question will be cancelled."

Very nasty imo. I had a failed payment last year after my bank card expired (Spotify/Netflix got taken automatically with my new card so presumed my ST would too), only realised the night before the game, don't think it counted as an opt out. Gonna be very careful with that next year.[/quote]

My debit card was cancelled just before the payment run for the hurling final. Was aware so placed my credit card instead. Payment wasn't expected, got an email saying a seconf payment run would take place luckily had new debit card so got my well deserved final ticket.

I would have been devastated if I couldn't get a ticket and I mean devastated.

So yes this new rule is nasty and in no way fair on us the hardcore who spend a lot to be there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

How many opt outs does a season ticket holder have?

Also, can a county specific season ticket be used for any other counties league matches. Thought I saw this on the other 2017 thread

kala85 wrote: »
    How many opt outs does a season ticket holder have?

Also, can a county specific season ticket be used for any other counties league matches. Thought I saw this on the other 2017 thread

One opt out.

You can go to any league match but only in your code. Also, if a match is sold out/likely to sell out, and your county isn't playing, you won't get in with a season ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

One opt out.

You can go to any league match but only in your code. Also, if a match is sold out/likely to sell out, and your county isn't playing, you won't get in with a season ticket.

Mayo season ticket holders actually got a second opt out option at some stage last year
    It was around quarter final replay or semi final stage

One opt out.

I am thinking of getting a hurling ticket for Galway say but if I am not able to go to galway hurling league match and there is another league match on somewhere else in the country, say Kilkenny vs Tipp can I go to that match in instead free of charge.

I am thinking of getting a hurling ticket for Galway say but if I am not able to go to galway hurling league match and there is another league match on somewhere else in the country, say Kilkenny vs Tipp can I go to that match in instead free of charge.

Yes you should be able to attend any league matches in your code gratis.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Yes you should be able to attend any league matches in your code gratis.

Where does it say that in terms, and conditions.

That's great news. Could you do two games each weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭howiya

Where does it say that in terms, and conditions.

That's great news. Could you do two games each weekend.

3a
    The standard GAA Season Ticket (adult version) base price €120, Club+ price €200 entitling the holder access to:
    a. All Allianz GAA National League 2018 round matches in designated
    code* – *For Allianz League fixtures where stadium capacity is
    restricted, only season ticket holders from the competing counties will
    gain admission. This will be communicated by email in advance.

Yeah you could do two games in a weekend if they're not on the same day. In the provisional fixtures, the last two rounds of 1a and 1b are all played on the Sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ASSAIMMC

Concerning hurling season tickets..

You get the opening two fixtures free of charge next year in the provincial championships, just saw it in the Ts&C. Fairly pointless upping the price, it'll likely be €20 to get into the second match anyway.

I emailed them today and they have confirmed that information is incorrect, it's definitely only one game, not two :(

ASSAIMMC wrote: »
    I emailed them today and they have confirmed that information is incorrect, it's definitely only one game, not two :(

That is absolutely scummy, definitely just decided to change it in the meantime, no way a mistake like that in their T's & C's would go unnoticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭westcork67

Thats ridiculous - they change the Ts & Cs mid-sale of the Season Tickets for the hurling?!?! it was for the first 2 championship games and now it is only one - 2 less league games than the football yet the same price is a bit ridiculous - and there was I saying fair play to the GAA for being fair in the pricing

• Advertisement

If I buy a adult club+ ticket are the kids tickets club+ too? Ie no attendance requirement? Can't find anything specific about this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

If I buy a adult club+ ticket are the kids tickets club+ too? Ie no attendance requirement? Can't find anything specific about this point.
    Is there a kids club+ season ticket?
    I thought it's €200 for a club+ for all age groups?

ureds wrote: »
    Is there a kids club+ season ticket?
    I thought it's €200 for a club+ for all age groups?

They only give a price for an adult club+ on the season ticket webpage so that's why I'm asking.

http://www.gaa.ie/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Any mayo or Dublin fans experience success adding a child to their season ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Stoner wrote: »
    Any mayo or Dublin fans experience success adding a child to their season ticket?

Have tried the last 2 years with no luck . Have even mailed them about it to be told theres no chance other than waiting list

FINALLY got my 2 sorted tonight!

Now to see if another Dublin one magically appears!

When is the closing date for renewals? I doubt there's much of a chance of Cork hurling selling out in any case? It was a good year, not great...

When is the closing date for renewals? I doubt there's much of a chance of Cork hurling selling out in any case? It was a good year, not great...
    Renewals up now and deadline is Midnight Thursday 30th November.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »
    I was looking into buying one but I'd like to see the away fixtures first so I know what travelling needs to be done. Has anyone seen a list of Division 2 hurling fixtures for next year or are they not sorted yet? I can't find them anywhere.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/revealed-here-is-the-full-fixture-list-for-the-allianz-football-and-hurling-leagues-36225939.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,869 ✭✭✭statto25

Patww79 wrote: »
    That doesn't have it. Only shows the fixtures for 1A and 1B.

Try this
    http://www.gaa.ie/news/2018-master-fixtures-plan-published/

Lists at the bottom of the page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭decies

Any news when we will have our season tickets ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Presume next week. I definitely got mine the week before xmas week last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

Any Mayo season tickets gone on general sale?

An email was sent on December 7th last year informing and I quote: "everyone on our Dublin season ticket waiting list to advise that no Dublin season tickets had become available."

So I guess that they would have used the same timeline this year too, ie. Last Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,451 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Anybody get their new cards yet?

Nope

• Advertisement
Advertisement