Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decathlon Ireland is now a registered Cycle to Work supplier

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

I don't really understand this - have they registered with one of the middlemen or with the public service or something? There's no requirement on any shop to register as a supplier before selling a bike to someone using the scheme - in fact there's no need for the shop to even know if someone is using the scheme when they walk through the door (or the internet portal).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Maybe they just registered for VAT

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,422 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

There is no such thing in Ireland.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,422 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just looked at that link. They make no reference to being "registered". They simply say they are a "supplier" which is no different to any other bike retailer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,598 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

if you scroll down, one of the posts says "Decathlon Ireland is now a registered Cycle to Work supplier!! "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭marvin42

they claim to be registered on thier facebook page, not on the link:

https://www.facebook.com/decathlon.ie/?hc_ref=ARTLELTn0oHs5ju707StQBTPFGAugBVFsVyMcQlyCD89stWY6ogU9TwDmVlH2Bn0rvw&fref=nf

could someone explain me what exactly are the rules (regarding the company i want to purchase) are . Can I use any supplier? Do they have to be based in Ireland?

It's all in the BTW megathread which is linked in the FAQs in the forum charter stickie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

marvin42 wrote: »
    could someone explain me what exactly are the rules (regarding the company i want to purchase) are . Can I use any supplier? Do they have to be based in Ireland?
    Check the megathread, but basically it's up to your company where they buy the bike. There are no restrictions (might be a few VAT thingies if they buy from abroad).

I wonder if it's that Decathlon got themselves onto the public service list of companies and that's what they're talking about - there's a list of suppliers for all public & civil service departments - it could be that Decathlon themselves don't understand how the scheme works in Ireland

http://ogp.gov.ie/cycle-to-work-scheme/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

marvin42 wrote: »
    Check the megathread, but basically it's up to your company where they buy the bike. There are no restrictions (might be a few VAT thingies if they buy from abroad).

I wonder if it's that Decathlon got themselves onto the public service list of companies and that's what they're talking about - there's a list of suppliers for all public & civil service departments - it could be that Decathlon themselves don't understand how the scheme works in Ireland

Or simply using a marketing technique.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭loudymacloud

hit the nail on the head there, I used to deal with all CTW applications in my Dept. Im a civil servant and companies had to register with us as a Supplier, more so for our Accounting side of things, in order to be paid.

Not neccesarily register for the CTW Scheme. All new companies and bike shops would be added to that list just for reference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I received an email from them in early September about this and other equipment that they plan to be bringing to Ireland. I was specifically asking about something else.
    I can not find the email where they mentioned a lot of background work and how everything was moving. But they were supposed to be back online by the end of September, but were not.

The first reply i received was:
    Hello,

Thank you for your message.
    In order to serve you better and improve our eCommerce logistics process, our Decathlon Ireland online team is moving to Dublin this September.
    During the transition, we will not be able to proceed your new orders, and our website will be suspended. We expect to be back to serve you before the end of September!

Similar products will be sold on the website than in France but the range offered might be a bit different from country to country

Have a good day!
    Gregoire

I know that is not much help :o, but the other (missing) email mentioned bike to work and a longer process etc..
    They are planning on having quite a large marketing campaign too.
    I may have accidentally deleted the other email, when i meant to save it until i had more time to read it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I wish there was a Decathalon in Dublin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

ted1 wrote: »
    Or simply using a marketing technique.

free.png

The civil service thing is right

Paul Atkinson To be clear you are not "registered" in Ireland. No one is. You are a bike retailer and an employer can choose whoever they wish to supply bikes under the scheme
    LikeShow more reactions · Reply · 6 hrs
    Manage

Decathlon Ireland
    Decathlon Ireland Hi Paul ,Thank you for your post. We are registered on the Civil Service Cycle-To-Work Scheme Approved Suppliers Listing. As many of our users have been asking us how to avail of the scheme with us we have to cover all areas for all types of employees. We are prepared to assist anyone who requires information on this topic ����*♂️
    Enjoy your Sport

Advertisement