Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navan, Blackwater Park. Cyclocross. Sunday 12th November

Options
  • 24-10-2017 9:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

Online sign on will open shortly. I will update this thread with a link once it goes live. Again we have been brilliantly supported by Planet X Ireland, cant thank them enough. Check out their site for all super deals on CX bikes and equipment.
    http://planetxireland.com/products-page/cyclo-cross/

Just two additions/changes to the route this time! You know we just love upsetting those Strava times :D:cool:

U14 and U12 now added to the roster. 1 lap of hardship for the kids :D

EzYzq3f.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Won't make this due to work but really enjoyed (if thst word can be used in relation to cyclocross) the last cx race. Well done navan

Day works out well for me ..... to spectate :o

We'll be visiting family close by that day so I'll be sure to bring our bike obsessed 3 year old along to cheer yee on. If you hear a little girl excitedly shouting "Big bikes" that'll be us :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

In like Flynn....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Will be there and hope to bring Rob Jnr for his cross debut.

• Advertisement

Bump for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

All signed up!

Coming from Kilkenny, is anyone driving that direction? Happy to chip in for fuel, etc.

Also, I'm great company in a car: I sing Disney hits and I will obsessively remind you if the speedo nudges over the limit. I'm also hyper-critical of imperfect gear shifts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,598 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

are you good at 'you go this way? i'd have taken the right back there, it's quicker'?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

All signed up, great event.

Thanks guys, signing on online makes our lives so much easier the morning of and leading up to the race. We have quite a small pool of CX helpers/volunteers so every little thing really helps the cause and helps the day run smoother. The more streamlined I can make it the easier it is to convince others to help!

See you all Sunday, the weather forecast doesn't look too bad either!

• Advertisement

little bump for this for the upcoming weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭25sean

Is it the same course as last time?

Deciding on tyres!

25sean wrote: »
    Is it the same course as last time?

Deciding on tyres!

Very similar, slightly different start point.

Weather forecast long term is hinting at dry and sunny again with a high of 8deg.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭ciarsciars

I'd say it's gonna wet and muddy though. Heavy rain tonight with cold conditions to follow.

ciarsciars wrote: »
    I'd say it's gonna wet and muddy though. Heavy rain tonight with cold conditions to follow.

We are on course tomorrow for track work so will report back. :cool:

CX Update:

Cyclocross Sign on closes Tomorrow (Saturday 11th) at 6pm sharp.
    Sign on: 10.00am
    U14 & U12 Race at 10.45am,
    Ladies & U16 11.15am
    B Race at 12.15pm
    A / Juniors Race at 1.30
    No One day licenses available.
    Parking strictly in Aura Leisure Centre adjacent to Blackwater Park.
    Please follow signs and marshall instructions.
    No Cycling on grass/football pitches in Park.
    Consideration to all park users please.

Parking map here.
    48B5wXW.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭ciarsciars

We are on course tomorrow for track work so will report back. :cool:

Sorry I didn't mean my post to sound negative, I was just mentioning it from a tyre choice perspective:) I'm partial to a bit if mud.

After loads of rain last night there will be a little more mud than we have had in the past......

Registration is open until 7pm tonight after and earlier glitch in the matrix.

Advertisement