Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Protein products

• 24-10-2017 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

What protein products has aldi got. Dublin

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

*Mod note - I've moved this into the Nutrition & Diet forum, I think it's better suited to here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,676 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Pat111777 wrote: »
    What protein products has aldi got. Dublin

As in Supplements?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭bladespin

Meat; stacks of it, just depends on your preference, fish, chicken, turkey, beef etc etc.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Pat111777

As in Supplements?

Like breakfast and snacks for after the gym

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Pat111777

bladespin wrote: »
    Meat; stacks of it, just depends on your preference, fish, chicken, turkey, beef etc etc.

• Advertisement

Bacon, eggs!!! God was kind to the protein crowd :D

(figure of speech not to offend any religion in the glorious house of gains)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,676 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

You don't need to get protein-rich foods into you after the gym. Look at your overall protein intake across an average day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,511 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I think they have "protein" granola, but no idea whether they're actually extra protein compared to normal (probably a higher almond/ nut %).

Definitely not an expert, but in my experience it's easier and cheaper to have a whey shake with water, and then just have "normal" muesli or granola, if I felt the need to boost my protein intake. That includes the higher protein versions of normal products from myprotein, bulk powders etc. They're either little extra protein, or expensive, or often both!

They do have the Hike bars (normally by the check out), which aren't particularly high in protein (circa 10g iirc), but higher than other bars marketed as "Protein" such as Nature Valley, and also only 75cent compared to other options too. I quite like the berry version.

Macy0161 wrote: »
    I think they have "protein" granola, but no idea whether they're actually extra protein compared to normal (probably a higher almond/ nut %).
    Got some of the Nuts Pumpkin Seeds and Fruit Protein Granola for a change this week as an impulse buy, which I'm just after having my first portion... It's actually nice (which is the most important thing for me really).

Haven't worked out how much more expensive it is - I guess I could just add chopped nuts and pumpkin seeds to their normal one for the same effect, a lot cheaper, but 12g of protein compared to 4 of their Crunchy Oat Granola that I normally have, so maximising the gainz ;)

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Got some of the Nuts Pumpkin Seeds and Fruit Protein Granola for a change this week as an impulse buy, which I'm just after having my first portion... It's actually nice (which is the most important thing for me really).

Haven't worked out how much more expensive it is - I guess I could just add chopped nuts and pumpkin seeds to their normal one for the same effect, a lot cheaper, but 12g of protein compared to 4 of their Crunchy Oat Granola that I normally have, so maximising the gainz ;)

:) Can also add a scoop of protein powder to any cereal, that's my brekkie, goes well with porridge of regular granola. (20g of protein plus whatever's in the cereal and milk).

• Advertisement

:) Can also add a scoop of protein powder to any cereal, that's my brekkie, goes well with porridge of regular granola. (20g of protein plus whatever's in the cereal and milk).
    I just had it with a pot of skyr yogurt to be honest - brought it to around 24g protein. But basically doing it with the scoop of whey and milk would give more protein at a cheaper cost.

Anyway, was really just mixing things up from my default breakfast of overnight oats with added whey.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Labcoats and Running Shoes

I've been having 2 Bixies (Lidl's version of Weetabix, I've found they're the best of the lot!) with 330mL milk heated in the microwave and then a scoop of vanilla protein powder mixed in. The protein powder thickens things up nicely and gives it a good flavour and the cereal fluffs right up so it feels like I'm eating loads. Comes in at around 409 cals, 46.9g Carbs, 6.6g fat, 38.4g protein and I'm full til lunch! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

I've been having 2 Bixies (Lidl's version of Weetabix, I've found they're the best of the lot!) with 330mL milk heated in the microwave and then a scoop of vanilla protein powder mixed in. The protein powder thickens things up nicely and gives it a good flavour and the cereal fluffs right up so it feels like I'm eating loads. Comes in at around 409 cals, 46.9g Carbs, 6.6g fat, 38.4g protein and I'm full til lunch! :D:D:D

Tried that this morning, lovely, cheers.

Advertisement