Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skerries bike shop

Options
  • 24-10-2017 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

TMG cycles has reopened in one of the units up at the Skerries Point/EuroSpar complex. I understood that it was to be trading from yesterday

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Thats a good location and I hope they do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

He'd want to get a good mechanic in. He lost a fantastic guy in the last place and most of the customers with him, including me.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭midonogh

Declan was fantastic and Pat Halligan before him was superb. They have always been good mechanics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

That's what I mean. Declan was fantastic but when he left the owner started doing the bikes himself and he was terrible. I got Declans number and he collects my bike and does it at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

That's what I mean. Declan was fantastic but when he left the owner started doing the bikes himself and he was terrible. I got Declans number and he collects my bike and does it at home.
    Declan is working in sales now but still does repair work from home a great bike mechanic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

That's great news. Typically, I've just had to get two jobs done lately and had to go elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭midonogh

Just to give another opinion, and its just an opinion, I have been using the shop since it opened 7 years ago and I have never had any problem with any of the work done, regardless of who did it. Having raced cyclocross for 6 seasons I have spent a hell of a lot of time in there.

If it cam to removing a seized bearing from a carbon frame, or setting up cantilevers, at which he was a genius, I would have looked for Declan, but otherwise happy with Terence. That said he has always been good a getting in an experienced mechanic. When Declan left they could not get another one in as they were about to be evicted and did not know if they would have a business. Don't know anything about the new lad, but will be trying him out.

I have no other financial or other interest in the shop. But I could not call myself unbiased as it has been my LBS for the last 7 years and having spent so much time in there have got to know all the guys as friends.

Advertisement